Requested songs

I have never requested a song, but I coordinated the Lupe Fiasco sit in.

3 Likes

funny thing is, Lupe Fiasco missed his flight and his set. His only appearance at the festival was that one song with UM

3 Likes

My biggest achievement is when BB dedicated Wellwishers to me at a show I wasn’t at #blessed

2 Likes

I didn’t ask for anything at my 100th or 150th. My wife did DM Joel and get me a birthday shoutout once though.

Maybe I’ll suggest Utopian Fir >Full Draconian in wildcard slot > Utopian Fir w/ JO at 200.

Anthony Anderson got a “Gravity’s Real” bust out at either his 200th or 250th. That was a treat.

2 Likes

And this is how you became shoshone ~searches for picture~

1 Like

Also the same night as @cryan024’s 200th… who also got a shoutout but no request. If I’m remembering correctly, that show sucked ass. Hollywood Nights made me so angry

3 Likes

Requests Last Man Swerving, gets a shout out in middle of the blandest ending to a show in band history. Kind of a perfect thing to happen to me, though. BB knew what he was doing.

4 Likes

50th show - Requested Pop Tart (aka No Comment) via Pony during the four night Madison 2009 run when they were signing autographs for people who purchased the poster. Did not happen.

Birthday 2010 - Requested Dump City through Alki/Wade to find out they had already written the setlist that afternoon. They played it the next show in Syracuse (3.3.10)

3.3.10 - Requested Pop Tart via a “No Drinks” sign flipped over while riding the rail via Bayliss. They debuted it as No Comment the next night in Buffalo (3.4.10)

1st Oregon Show - Requested Believe the Live via Joel. They busted it out (153 show gap)

10th Anniversary Show - Requested Orfeo via Joel. They busted it out (114 show gap)

200th Show - Requested the Fuzz via Joel. They busted it out (77 show gap)

Birthday 2020 - Did not request anything but got a birthday shout out from Joel.

I’m not sure if I’ll request anything for the next milestone show I have but I really would like to see the Haunt again. Honestly I’d take a jammed out Much Obliged too. At this point I’m just grateful to still see some shows and I hope to get back to 20-30 a year again. Trying to find that balance in life. I think seeing Umphrey’s once a month is feasible if I live in Colorado. Flights are much more reasonable out of DIA than PDX. Also, I feel like Joel is the man for requests if you do make them. Whatever angle you got, take your shot! This band delivers.

4 Likes

One of the least interesting shows I’ve attended. Slamming Spotted Cows and Buff Joes wings saved the day!

1 Like

Your 300th is a great fucking melee

1 Like

I also requested blue echo for my 50th at the BG show. Success.

The wife just reminded me that her request was atmosfarag > upward which was played for her. Snob!!

Joel once laughed at me about asking what songs I wanted to hear for boyster and I said front porch. He proceeded to play it first night of that run.

Told Bayliss in 2012 to play cut the cable expecting the OG Ringo version, and they proceeded to play the version as it’s on similar skin. So I like to take credit for it becoming a song that sucks now lol

4 Likes

Got 13 Days for my 100th on 8/30/14. Still the only time I’ve seen it.

3 Likes

I’m going to deadass hit Joel up and say it’s my 2nd show, but I’ve logged a couple thousand hours on Nugs in the last 2.5 years. I’ll probably get banned.

5 Likes

“Joel, it’s my second show but the borters have accepted me as one of their own and have taken me under their wing. Play Nachos for Two or Bob, please.”

12 Likes

Then you can get black out drunk and forget he plays nachos for two like at my bday show!

3 Likes

and yell at everybody “it’s not over!!” when the house lights come on.

1 Like

A backwards Front Porch is my idea.

1 Like

Ognir?

2 Likes

Yup.

Now I wait

https://twitter.com/ItsSchlado/status/1560111770282360832?t=6H-LW0TwGHlDkWqNTxrt9A&s=19

4 Likes