Requested songs

I’ve seen some chatter through here about heady UM milestones getting granted song requests. Anyone up for sharing their specific requests?

I asked for Robot World or Bright lights face to face with BB for my 100th. He said hell no.

3 Likes

Really? I feel like BLBC isn’t that hard of an ask?

And that sounds totally reasonable. What jerks.

1 Like

I asked for Visions for my 100th and got laughed at by BB

5 Likes

My 100th will be whatever show I see after Sacred Rose and I’m hoping for Atmosfarag but if RW and BLBC are getting strong no’s then I doubt they’ll do it lol

3 Likes

Successfully requested Last Man Swerving for my 100th!

6 Likes

I asked Joel and Stasik beforehand and they kept leading me to Bayliss. It was n3 at Holidaze so Bayliss finally got his turn to write the setlist and was also hammered when I asked him. But no way he’s making edits to his “special” event.

2 Likes

I spoke with Robbie 3-4 months before my 400th show and told him the November '06 Dallas show was the only one I missed the whole fall tour that year because I got deathly ill and I missed Pooh Doggie as a result (and a phenomenal show as well). So my request was Pooh Doggie which they hadn’t played since that show and they busted it out for me at the Brooklyn Bowl show for #400.

That was pretty cool.

17 Likes

Wife requested Atmosfarag for her 100th and got it

4 Likes

BB: how abouta nice Similar Skin or Gulf Stream?

1 Like

Oh yeah requests at event shows are probably out of the question

She go through Joel?

1 Like

I was at this show. That was dope.

2 Likes

My #1 request was Hey 19 but I didn’t want to request a cover, but they played it for show 99. Joel is telepathic.

4 Likes

Yupp

1 Like

That little ditty is a favorite of mine. Hope you get that MbS for your 500 bro.

2 Likes

We’re writing a setlist for 500, right Dan?

2 Likes

Shit…you got that shit on my bday lol. And you got it twice

1 Like

Asked for IVOY for my 100th, got laughed at. Fell back on a monster August and got a decent one.

My buddy asked for BB to have the crowd say “fuck you, Kyle” (I’m Kyle) for his 100th and it happened as well as his requested White Man’s Moccasins.

I’m going to try to leverage his granted request into my 150th request which I haven’t determined yet. 5 shows til that mark after Sacred Rose.

3 Likes