Red Rocks 2020

I’m in the same boat. Between caverns>Asheville and Iceland I’m tapped out until NYE as long as its not in f ing Denver again.

tell me more! is it a piece of paper with ink on it? what makes it worth ten dollars to you?

That support is fucking disgraceful and the godboner set seals the deal for me. I’m out this year.

Some people like to commemorate their trips? Feel like this isn’t all that uncommon.

I feel that but ten bucks for a slip of paper? Get some pictures with your friends on the rocks and print that shit out it’ll give you more feels for the price of a trip to the drugstore and few pennies…

Maybe I need to take this to the hot takes thread lol

I get what you’re saying, and I don’t necessarily disagree with you. But I know I tend to hold onto my ticket stubs for most events, so these “collectible” ones are nice from that perspective (and they’re very well-designed).

I wouldn’t say yours is a hot take, but when a lot of people do Red Rocks, it’s something worth spending a little extra to really commemorate (on top of the memories and pictures). Especially because over a 3-night run, it’s essentially $3 a night.

Word. I have some old ptbm stubs that are pleasing to the eye when I open the stub drawer so I get the idea… just not sure I’d go out of my way to procure one.

What do these commemorative tickets look like?

Here’s a regular one and a commemorative one side-by-side. I honestly think the commemorative ones are gorgeous.

2 Likes

Thanks man. I personally wouldn’t spend money on it but that is definitely pretty cool.

I’m blaming whoever designed that for the weather on Friday

1 Like

Hahaha thought the same

Guess I will only go to the Saturday and Sunday shows as TOOL just announced a show that Friday in Colorado Springs.

Yeah, im awfully tempted

Oh snap just saw new lot of shows. One announced in SF! Gonna have to get on this.

I thought the same thing at first, but since I caught them the first time around in the fall, I’m gonna be happy to save the money. 3 nights of UM for the price of one night of Tool

1 Like

What are the chances this goes down as planned?? My buddy is moving out of Colorado in August so I was planning on pulling the trigger on this for one last blowout before he leaves. I’m prepared to buy tickets and flights right now but I don’t want to do that if there’s a chance it doesn’t happen.

Buy flights on SW or any other airline guaranteed to get you your money/credit back. Red Rocks will refund tickets if it is canceled/postponed and you can’t make it to the later date.

Reaaally hoping these shows are not in question. But anything is possible at this point. I think this COVID shit lasts a lot longer than people expect/hope.

1 Like

+1 on that southwest rec. They are the best airline because of that. I love how you can rebook and get a credit too if the flight is listed for cheaper.

That may be the move. I was actually supposed to fly southwest to Texas in May for my grandpas birthday but they nixed that plan so now I have a $250 credit I can use.

I wouldn’t say they’re the BEST. Lack of in-flight entertainment, no assigned seats, no upgraded seat options. Those are definite drawbacks.