Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part Poo)

Recently called to “cancel” and I have it for $6 a month for the next year … then rinse & repeat. Well worth it for the 10 or so stations I rotate through especially on a trip of any length.

XM kind of sucks, way too compressed. Every station sounds like an mp3 from 2002.

6 Likes

Doesn’t matter when you’re blastin’ the studio version of Truckin’.

8 Likes

Summer Camp umVIP 2021: Tales From the Middle West

As Umphrey’s McGee returns to Summer Camp Music Festival in August, we wanted to keep everyone in the loop regarding some changes to our umVIP Thursday pre-party. Initially planned as a “Booze N’ Schmooze” with Team UM, we’re making a pivot to a Storytellers-style private show, “Tales From the Middle West,” in the vein of our recent performance at Levon Helm Studios.

More info here and package details below…

“Summer Camp umVIP 2021: Tales From the Middle West” includes everything in the Summer Camp VIP Upgrade of your choice PLUS:

• Guaranteed entry into the Thursday UM late-night show in the Red Barn
  • A private show interspersed with band-banter, featuring Summer Camp stories before the Thursday late-night show
  • Opportunity to weigh in on the topics of conversation during said private set, via a survey sent out to attendees in advance
  • Complimentary beer for 2 hours (21+) during the private show, plus an additional hour afterward until the start of the UM late night
  • A custom umVIP 24-Ounce YETI Rambler beer tumbler
  • mp3 downloads of all four Umphrey’s McGee Summer Camp shows
  • A commemorative “Embrace the Event” laminate
  • Priority access to the E-Golden Ticket merch event, taking place in the UM online store a week before Summer Camp

TALES FROM THE MIDDLE WE

The free beer is pretty cool, the rest meh

2 Likes

Lol at the MP3s, that really sweetens the deal

2 Likes

UM:

Guilty as charged, with the stories

11 Likes

4 Likes

oh look! another fucking stupid thing!

11 Likes

“C’mon honey, Tour Gigs, pay-per-view, 20 minutes, LET’S GO”

11 Likes

Wtf is up with this? Just fucking jam already #B4L

6 Likes

They should have a Barber acoustic set instead.

2 Likes

You’re my wonderwall

3 Likes

Origin to YWUSIYBBYSTALARB god it never gets old trying to get the letters out

Man they’re milking this hard

My eyes are always drawn to the LARB part like it’s either a typo or supposed to mean something. And yeah I can’t not hear naked martin’s voice.

2 Likes

or pick it back up…

fuck.

3 Likes

yesterday the “wife” said “oh cool, I didn’t realize Umphrey’s put out a new…” as I shouted “I GOTTA RUN TO MY CAR, ILL BE BACK IN A SECOND”

I went outside smoked a J and completely avoided the embarrassment that would have been discussing YWUSIYBBYSTALARB

10 Likes

lmao this is some real Larry David shit.

5 Likes

my hero