Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part Poo)

Or it happened years ago and they’re actually just asking if we remember

9 Likes

Who on here actually has XM radio?

Got 3 years free buying a new Prius. I think that’s where 90% of XM users get their subscriptions.

XM utilizer…the merge with Pandora and their app is pretty good, commercial free pandora is embedded in their app as well, also when traveling the upper midwest its nice to have variety…and you can always haggle i think i pay less than 20 a month for two cars

I’m a pretty big fan of Sirius. I get most of my GD listening through the dead channel. JamOn kinda sucks from my experience but a weekend full of UM would be cool IMO SIYD YWUSIYBBYLARB

I really only listen to the GD channel and the Phish channel. Had to drive out to Indiana last month and Fishman was playing weird opera shit during his hour on Phish radio and David Gans was taking calls during his Tales From the Road hour.

He let some woman ramble on for 15 minutes about being a hairdresser and hearing the news that Jerry died through a payphone. I know your stoned David but trim the fat, damn.

1 Like

My “wife” has it in her car. I love Pearl Jam and Beatles radio.

I got it when I bought my car and you can basically keep getting it super cheap if you call at the end of your term. They’ll always give you like 6 months for ~$20 if you tell them you’re going to cancel. It’s not essential but I like having it in the car

Not a huge phish guy but whenever fishman is on the radio it’s a nightmare. Tales from the road is often a skip for me too. Only real complaint is they could ease up on the studio versions

If you want to follow @Sand_King… You might get sporadic nugs SBD uploads, but the cringe factor is minimal.

2 Likes

JamOn is awful; we always try it each time we get a rental car hoping to discover something new and usually switch to something else after hearing the same song or boring jam 6 times.

1 Like

Repetitive would be an understatement.

yup, way too many studio versions for bands that made their living live.

1 Like

“It’s a non-stop music festival with live, improvisational, and adventurous rock from artists who thrive in a live concert setting.”

This was always my #1 complaint. This is YOUR description of YOUR station, so how about do that! They used to have that weekly show from recent shows/jams. That was the only good thing about the station. Now it’s the most repetitive thing ever. They’ve been playing a pretty subpar recent higgins>something else nonstop. And Dolan must be paying thing off, because they play Tauk a TON as well. Also, it’s now channel 309 and most cars don’t go up that high. If I have to use my phone to stream then there is absolutely no reason for me to have XM. Howard has gone down hill and is off the whole summer. I listen to Kids Bop 90% of the time. I really need to cancel XM!! :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

it really does bop

2 Likes

They got rid of it thank god. Now its just “phish radio” and actually pretty good.

I pay for XM so I can always have the dead channel. If I wasn’t a dead lunatic, I’d cancel it.

I always found it ironic that the dead channel managed to have infinitely more variety than “jam on”

Jam on had centuries of soundboards to choose from, but would play the same studio vulfpeck song 16 times in an after noon. Joke of a channel

Phish radio is a step up.

TL;DR-not worth it if you aren’t a deadhead.

8 Likes

Same shit as above. JamOn sucks dick. You have infinite live music at your disposal and you play the same shit every day. Insane.

Phish radio is okay sometimes.

Dead channel is where it’s at, although I wish they showed what song you were on during the shows they play during the day like Phish does. That way I can keep flipping if El Paso comes on when I get there.

ClassicVinyl hits the spot sometimes

Beatles radio is usually pretty good

That’s all I got

2 Likes

On road trips I’ve had some good laughs flipping to the comedy channels. The sports broadcasts would be clutch too. I just don’t travel enough to justify it

BB Kings Bluesville on ch 74 is pretty dang good, there are a bunch of diamonds in the rough you just have to search them out. I use XM at work on my computer, just have a tab open to my favorites, once you have a bunch of favorite stations including Pandora stations its great, if you don’t like the song playing find a different station or hit a Pandora station, its nice as you can see what song is playing, and pause station or go live, when you hit one of the stations it will always start at beginning of song…probably the only nice thing about having a desk job…strange working indoors…used to be a archaeological field tech and farm, so it is a big switch for me…

I recently went from an outside sales position where I was driving 150+ miles a day visiting customer and sites to working a 9-5 desk job. Definitely a change of pace but much less stressful in my current role

1 Like