Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part Poo)

Found this on the UM discussion page

3 Likes

I understand the 2019 AD for the reissue, but why was 2/4/15 AD played?

Joel-less 1/14/10 Rialto Theatre. Apparently they took his rig and spread it all across the stage in front of Jake/Stasik/Bayliss and all took turns. Pretty awesome show if you ask me.

2 Likes

IIRC, they promised they’d play an old album in full that day. Probably a ploy to sell tix for a Sunday show.

2 Likes

Fun addendum to this: They randomly did a 2-night run in Chattanooga and declared they’d do an album in full over the run. Look at night 1 2/3/15 setlist. LBDOK fakeout :slight_smile:

1 Like

I need to update it but I made a thread about this earlier…

2 Likes

I actually really dig it. I need to re-listen.

1 Like

I caught a Johnny Cash Divisions at Backyard Bash in Chi, 2003…it was def a fun surprise.

2 Likes

16 years ago UM played a killer Home Again at the EFactory in Philly. That was really awesome.

7 Likes

Is that the time they coordinated with tDB to go on stage simultaneously to cover a song from each other? I seem to remember UM doing a much better job.

3 Likes

The Biscuits didn’t do a very good job with their take of In the Kitchen…

10 Likes

The jam is dope though…

i really like the soul food from this show

1 Like

Was it worse than moe’s attempt at ITK?

its almost as if we'll never know

link to audio

1 Like

Hopefully sultan gets the hint by now

1 Like
2 Likes

Interesting. I heard a rumor shortly after Holidaze that UM and Biscuits would not be doing a Holidaze together this year. Sounded like they would be doing separate destination events. Maybe tDB keep Holidaze going and UM does something on their own.

1 Like

That tweet reads to me as “Jam Cruise is our only tropical, destination festival this year”

3 Likes