Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part Poo)

Pretty much this. It can be very frustrating most times, especially this past year. But they definitely hit on some things in 18/19 that I found pretty memorable.

1 Like

Good point. The production value on this is just outstanding. Really impressed.

2 Likes

Why wait?

2 Likes

The worst thing for the band was Bayliss learning how to sing. Now that he is passable in that department, he tries to squeeze in as many words as possible into every song

3 Likes

Is there any legit data that shows what year had the most improv per show?

Edit: it’s probably 2008 but it would be cool to see how they rank

1/27/11 GOAT UM show

3 Likes

Gotta be 07 08 or 2019. I remember crunching some numbers and 2011 had the most 10+ min jams of any year, but shows would consist of 2 monsters and standard the rest of the way

2 Likes

We need @NikoEstevan to go back and make listening guides for every show on nugs, plzthx

9 Likes

Maybe next Pandemic

2 Likes

2013 could be sneaking it’s way in the top 5 as well

That’s an unfair comparison, Isbell is a GOAT

Obviously. I was just talking about that line in Hope the High Road.

2 Likes

I can’t believe that album is almost five years old now. Time flies.

It’s sad that the lyric “last year was a son of a bitch” is just as relevant today as it was in 2017. We’re just circling the drain.

3 Likes

Because they aren’t ready? And wanted to get something out there? And they should be playing in New York tonight, and they were originally planned to work together.

Probably better for me to step away from here . . .

8 Likes

I’m mostly being facetious

We love and appreciate you.

20 Likes

His vocals have gotten worse in the studio since he learned to sing. I feel like he tries to keep studio stuff closer to what he can do live but it just makes all of his vocals boring. Imagine current BB writing haji or divisions.

1 Like

You scared Jwelsh away god damnit. Was just about to tell him how much the Bort loves the new ATU

9 Likes

Just to be clear I do have some mp3s I just really like taking jabs at @AlexTheDictator.

3 Likes

Plenty of tongue in cheek going around here, always appreciate your input.

3 Likes