Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part Pee)

hello, this is my first post here. i was a member on the old bort and lurked quite a bit.

really getting into umphrey’s again after recently seeing them in MPLS. got a nugs sub.

can anyone recommend jams similar to 2/2/12 phil’s and 2/15/12 ITK? i think 2011-2013 is my favorite era of the band, but i especially like what i’ve heard from Feb '12. i LOVE the way jake sounds during this time. stop start funk esque

19 Likes

HOF 2012 is one of my fave HOF albums. Missoula jajunk is one of my favorite jams of all time

6 Likes

Were you baylissbliss on the old bort?

2 Likes

haha no. but i do love me some bayliss bliss. i think my handle was weekapaug91. only really lurked though

3 Likes

Ah. OK. As a MN borter, welcome.

9 Likes

Anyone who is going to combine Purple with a Wild logo is a friend to me

6 Likes

The hockey thread can always use more action, come talk shit in there

6 Likes

It’s hard to hate the wild, it’s not like they’ve made a ton of enemies in their day.

2 Likes

Anyone else going to go to the Bayliss/Joel show?

2 Likes

No

3 Likes

Cool

1 Like

Probably

2 Likes

That kitchen smokes

1 Like

it’s b/c we’re just a team for people to walk over in the playoffs. lets hope kaprisov can lift us from mediocrity someday

2 Likes

this is awesome! so impressive

1 Like

The wild are the definition of “always the bridesmaid but never the bride”. Haven’t been good enough to go on a serious run or haven’t sucked enough to land a franchise player. Kaprisov can be that guy maybe. The state of Minnesota deserves better. Y’all fill up NHL barns for high school hockey.

2 Likes

Just stumbled on this which was buried in a very odd place. I’ve moved 6 times since this show and this thing somehow never got lost or thrown out, and was not in one of my ticket collection spots, poster pile or merch box. Super weird. :thinking:

16 Likes

7 bucks…

6 Likes

I know I’ve mentioned this before, & it might even be in the ‘today in UM history’ post about the show, but we walked in w/o paying. It wasn’t intentional at all either. We were ready to pay but there was nobody taking money & we just walked right thru the door. The band was walking out on stage, so we didn’t put any effort into trying to find someone to give cash. I still kinda feel bad since it was for charity & all. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t feel that bad about it. Odds are pretty good that there’s at least 1 show that was subpar enough to where the band technically owes you money for sitting through it.

8 Likes