Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part Pee)

And Twilight Zone

13 Likes

And Fifth of Beethoven

11 Likes

I really enjoyed doing the Nokia in NYC back to back years (2009 & 2010) and getting Chromeo’s Bonafide Lovin’ and Phoenix’s Liztomania as debuts.

Also in 2008 it was pretty cool what they did on the West Coast tour in the winter with a new cover in the encore slot each night.

7 Likes

If they are going to play a cover straight forward i prefer the older instrumentals they would do like Mediterranean Sundance, Senor Mouse, Red, Meeting In The Aisle, Last Train Home, Lenny, etc.

5 Likes

SOYCD

1 Like
2 Likes

I only prefer covers that produce dance jams

5 Likes

loved that don’t stop til you get enough on new years 2008

2 Likes

because 11/2/11 BLBC is once in a lifetime shit.

2/25/22 was the best. …And Justice for All to end the show. Would you really prefer a 7 minute Much Obliged? (love MO, not hatin’)

1 Like

Dont forget that MO is going to go into the end of Bridgeless

3 Likes

Yeah exactly. That’s how a show should end lol

Here’s a cover encore that is an all timer IMO…

Encore: Nothing Too Fancy > In the Flesh? > Another Brick in the Wall > Nothing Too Fancy

2 Likes

2 Likes

I feel like the 04/05/08 JaJunk and 08/26/07 ITK are just as good as that BLBC. Those are the three elite UM encores, tho. 06/06/08 Hey 19 > N2F ending is also a heater.

3 Likes

If the cover produces a good jam, fine. Hence why I like Flippy Floppy. Great song and usually a fun jam!

You know what I hate a lot more than covers… the fucking DMV. Where im sitting right now getting angry about covers.

2 Likes

I didn’t mean literally once. But what are they at, 3,000+ shows? and we can count on our hands the shows with absolutely spectacular encores?

1 Like

Counter point - when a cover starts in the encore, I’m relieved because I know I can leave, beat the rush for a cab, and go drink something other than an overpriced shitty beer/drink.

These days, 99% of encores are standard town. I don’t care what’s played during the encore because I’m leaving after S2.

3 Likes

Kzoo 2012 August is most underrated UM encore

fucken love the DMV. get stoned and watch people get angry or not have the proper documents. lot’s of times I get to see people try and pull a fast one on the workers and it’s the best.

Met Roquan Smith at the DMV, too. Good times at the DMV for me.

3 Likes

Ha, true. Most encores suck, tho. Phish THANK YOU was a blast to see, but its not objectively good. 10/16/21 Carini is the most satisfying encore I have seen for a band I love. Have seen maybe 10 encores worth remembering in probably well over 1000 shows in my lifetime. That is why i always leave shows early unless im with someone who wont let me.