Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part 1)

Lol this dude. I wish I could see WBG for the first time again…

3 Likes

Honestly thinking about canceling my nugs subscription until live shows start again. The biggest perk of having nugs is constantly receiving fresh shows to listen to.

Oh man that was a good one. Dude got Umph’d real hard

1 Like

Ain’t that the truth. Someone should get him on the bort and start schoolin him

That was fucking hilarious and great. After you’ve heard this siht a hundred times it’s easy to take this band for granted. Still think that’s the best Wizard ever.

2 Likes

this guy loves Myers almost as much as I do…

yeah that repeated jam fits so well.

Life is boring without new shows :frowning:

Who else is waiting for umphs to be the first to announce crowdless concerts during the quarantine?

Goose/PPPP already announced a fanless streamed show. Definitely a cool idea for the fans amidst all the cancelations.

Edit to add: for those interested, the show is tonight at 8 pm eastern via nugs.tv. Both bands playing full sets and proceeds for buying the stream go towards the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund for artists and industry workers who have lost income due to the recent outbreak.

I, too, know what’s its like to not be able to afford a day off

Dopapod did a live stream from a studio last night after their show was cancelled.

And Eminence Ensemble is streaming for free tonight. They’re playing an empty venue in Frisco. Full multi-cam stream with lights and everything.

EDIT: And flashing their venmo info every few minutes. Musicians gotta make their money. Going to throw them a few bucks for the show and probably hit up their guitarist for lessons at some point soon.

Is there a list of all UM shows that have been webcast?

Is webcasted a word?

Paging @WhatsYourStreamCount.

so technology exists to let bandmates jam together across the interwebs from separate physical locations. how long til the band gets something like this in place and starts offering streams?

I’d say they will capitalize on family time, aside from releasing old stuff I don’t think they’ll have anything going on until this blows over.

The Corona Sessions

2 Likes

good call. definitely can’t blame anyone for choosing family right now. makes me feel like a pig when we have nugs, but man i’d stream a practice session if it meant new jams right now… :joy:

1 Like

Now is as good a time as any to take a deep dive into some older stuff.

1 Like