Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part 1)

I was really just breaking into the drug band world when I found the murat on a streaming service. Back before I knew about nugs or archives or even UMlive finding live versions of songs was awesome.

Also love the Murat Pig. It was definitely one of the albums I listened to a ton as a new fan in the '08/'09 time frame. It sounds fantastic and I like that they included a lot of non-album tracks like Fuzz, Eat, 40s, 3x, Pig, OoO, Padgetts, etc. At the time I was doing a ton of my show listening to AUDs on the archive to bone up on the band and it was tight to have beautiful sounding recordings of those songs.

3 Likes

Noob me thought that the Murat Pig vocal stew was part of the song and then when I saw my first pig in 08 I realized the error of my ways.

4 Likes

Noob

Let it be known that ‘Jimmy Stewart’ is @DiabetesCOLE’s favorite UM song

3 Likes

Hangs head in shame at my highschool self.

3 Likes

Thinks Sociable Jimmy is his favorite song with someone sitting in on it

3 Likes

It is their best song…

2 Likes

The first time I heard a sociable Jimmy was the podcast where they re-do the ending with some banter. I was convinced sociable Jimmy was a take on Jimmy Stewart’s except the band is writing the parts in real time.

2 Likes

RC: never listened to the Murat as a noob

Edit: still barely have listened to it

2 Likes

Jimmy Stewart 2007 was the live album that really got me into um as a noob.

Anyone have a FLAC/mp3 or actual copy of that? Would love to spin it again.

Idk if you have nugs, but its on there

1 Like

I can’t remember which thread we were talking opening bands but…

BTBAM opening for UM at Red Rocks would be a dream come true. Probably scare off most of the crunchy colobrahdo wooks.

8 Likes

Joel has talked about them opening shows before. Don’t remember where but I think he said the schedules just never worked out

3 Likes

I think it would be tough for their fanbases to commingle but I would eat that shit up.

1 Like

That would be half the fun, I think the metal heads would be in for more of a culture shock than the w00ks.

7 Likes

These bands being so aware of each other kind of blows my mind. Makes sense, but it had never even crossed my mind for them to open and now im hearing that Joel’s actually reached out to them.

Man that would be a dream

White Walls (end set)

I: Whistle Kids

9 Likes

New Bayliss interview I saw pop up on YT earlier. Gets type 3 around the 40 minute mark when the host talks about how she named her kid after Brendan, but otherwise some decent rambling about how crazy kids are and whatnot. Might be interesting for the parents on here. https://youtu.be/KHC8AhZDhNo

Don’t blue ball me like this you fucker.

God damn that would be the fucking shit.

1 Like

Lol nah