Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part 1)

I’m liking this one. Fun groove.

I’m a fan. Thought the NYE debut was great. Dig the studio version.

1 Like

Enjoyable song. Wish they had stretched it out just a bit more for the studio version.
No complaints though.

Phew, glad to see my guesses for the NYE Suxity (in the listening guide) were basically correct. Definitely had some doubts putting in an extended jam section for an original debut.

First time I heard it, reminds me of late 80s/early 90’s RHCP, almost too much.

Am I the only one who realizes the first section is a frankenstein’d Fresh Start from bottom half and reworked it into this song?

No, i mentioned that in the setlist thread

It’s grown on me. Didn’t really like it either with horns, but I feel like it could be something that could produce some quality jams.

Fresh Start >>> Suxity

2 Likes

I still really don’t like the verses. Chorus is cool

1 Like

False

1 Like

First Spafford, now Mayer and Co. what’s next, Moe. getting a show up on Nugs before UM? FRIGG

Thought this was some interesting insight from Saturday’s show, really excited about Factor growing with the band and the positive feedback I’ve seen so far.

1 Like

If anything he could dial back a bit(my eyes are still burning from a couple things on the NYE run), but I’m glad to see him super locked in already. The difference between the NYE run and the stream last night was apparent, dude is getting comfy and I’m excited to see the future.

Right on, I got to catch him once when he was doing his “audition” and seeing them for the first time in Asheville. Hope he continues to be active on social media and give us some more cool insights

Looks like there’s a secret after-party at a great neighborhood bar after the Columbus show. I know that realistically it won’t have anyone from tND or UM, but it certainly piqued my interest. Even the bartenders aren’t in the loop as to who would be performing.

@UMFree What an awesome collection!

8/20/99 isn’t on the archive, you should upload it! What other shows are there?

I’ll list it tonight. Will definitely upload anything that isn’t already available.

1 Like

It’s this band Barefuzz a Columbus jam band they aight nothing as special as they advertising but would be fun