Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part 1)

this guy’s about me is so full of himself… like wow.

https://marcusrezak.com/about

2 Likes

He is definitiely good at guitar, I will give him that. Ha, but yea, he got super offended by my comment.

2 Likes

“The story of Marcus Rezak is not one for those who don’t believe in fated occurrences or natural affinity. It is not for those who don’t believe that passion should forcefully direct the flow of one’s life. It is, however, a tale for seekers ready to leave misgivings at the door and allow music’s sway to settle in their minds like a rich fog. In music, we find truth. Within music’s truth, we find the sounds of Marcus Rezak.”

Man this guys giving KB a run for his money when it comes to wordsmithianism

11 Likes

beat me to it

3 Likes

I fuckin love this place.

8 Likes

In music, we find truth. Within music’s truth, we find the sounds of Marcus Rezak.

Jeeeeesus that is such good sig/tombstone material. I keep reading it back and I cant stop laughing

6 Likes

“I am the way, the truth” John 14:6 and Rezak.

9 Likes

Someone told me that Rezak pays other musicians out of pocket to travel to and sit in with him for shows. The guy will straight up take a loss money wise after paying his band. This is a rumor I’ve heard so I can’t 100% confirm it

2 Likes

I dk if you remember last year when he was spamming his shows “ft. Members of the Disco Biscuits!!”

I think maybe 1 show had Allen play for a little and that was it. Just seems like the guy begs touring musicians to let him ride their coattails.

Sultan’s Gateway to the Galaxy has a nice ring to it, just not sure if he would be able to stomach another name in front.

1 Like

He is really good at doing cocaine, I was still better then him though. He was a nice guy when we hung out after some DTM show in college, but definitely thought he was a god.

2 Likes

Yikes. Who is more full of themselves: Rezak or Sultan? Rezak seems even more pompous in that bio, but he’s also a better player at least with a more impressive resume.

Gotta add that to @discobot’s quote database

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Rezak at least has the chops to back it up

3 Likes

I have heard this from musicians in the scene as well. I don’t know if its true or not.

I mean I do know of one confirmed case of this being true lol. But that doesn’t mean he does that for all his sit ins

i can imagine being very good at something, while not being very successful, would lead to some incredible self confidence and ego complexes.

9 Likes

Yea, I am legit kinda shocked he has never been in a bigger band. Dude can flat out play. I just assume he is really hard to work with.

2 Likes

I saw the Hue a few times back in the day. The last time, they booked a show in Minneapolis at a venue that doesn’t regularly host music, so hardly anyone knew it was happening. Local bands played first but by the time I got there, I was the only paying customer there who knew who The Hue was. My buddy Kevin’s older brother was still there to help load out one of the other bands and I convinced his crew to stick around so I wouldn’t be the only person watching the show. It was still awkward.

13 Likes