Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part 1)

@flyfishmich @Random_Ass

1 Like

Sure.

Looks like it’s a song premiering in 2 hours

2 Likes

Really? This jam was pretty great if I am remembering correctly.

RC: whos watching this premiere?

1 Like

Here

This is the most adult contemporary UM song ever. i’m not saying its bad tho

1 Like

This is what i imagine a BB solo record would sound like

3 Likes

Pretty whatever. Some Kenny G stuff right here.

1 Like

hahah oh god that sax solo is some real kenny g shit.

Pretty sure that was Jake on sax too, saw some footage of him recording that on fb

itll kill live #allthefeels

Jake on sax ter?

1 Like

oh Godz I hope so. even just for the lolz.

I didn’t dislike it. I appreciate the effort. Can’t wait to hear it every other show

2 Likes

Unrelated, but there is definitely moments during an UM show where Jake’s guitar sounds like a brass type instrument. Speak Up specifically I find his guitar tone to sound like a sax.

Video has updated notes about the song now. Jake on all instruments

Gazing out the window on a chilly, gray day and what lands in my inbox but an unknown track titled “Easter in Quarantine.” Setting down my coffee, I picked up my headphones and hit play on Jake’s latest delivery. The heartbeat of the kick drum and somber piano melody immediately gave me chills. Sparse and emotive, it perfectly captured the mood that morning.

I reached out to Jake to insist we release some iteration of the song and then to Brendan to see if he had heard it yet – he assured me he already had the blank canvas stretched out in front of him. Jake had set the mood, the vibe was there, and the subject matter was all too apparent in the moment. And as Brendan does, he perfectly channeled the sentiments that we’re all experiencing during these bizarre times.

“all my talking through a screen
doors are locked and hands are clean
have to stop and ask myself if I can breath”

“looking for the way around
looking for a way to wait it out
looking for a way to make it out
alive”

It is said a lot right now and it’s as true as ever: We are all in this together. The feelings of missing one another, of longing for more human connection, are palpable in all of us. We have constructed lives by building a community together, it’s what we know. This pause of unknown length in the middle of that is a new reality which resonates with each of us now.

Music has always been an irreplaceable part of us, and it’s the way we will continue to get through it, together. And we here at Umphrey’s can’t wait to see you on the other side of this crazy moment in history.

In the meantime, let the haunting, moody “Easter in Quarantine” encapsulate the zeitgeist of this surreal experience.

• Kevin Browning & All of Team UM

Good lord KB’s self important schtick is insufferable

1 Like

Wow. What a rollercoaster.

3 Likes

meow that’s emo. can’t tell if that email was written by KB or Taylor Swift.

1 Like