Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part 1)

Thanks. It’s something to be proud of, ya know?

2 Likes

My brother lived across the street from the Riverside for three years, above that Irish pub. He called me one time to vent about all the wooks loitering around during a Panic run. I just laughed the whole time.

1 Like

It’s just the way he’s carrying the Beam in the video. Outstanding

At Holidaze 2012 whenever people we met asked us what band we were there for we all would straight-faced tell them Digital Tape Machine and ask if they were “Machine Heads.” Got a lot of interesting looks that year.

14 Likes

It’s like when people tell me you have to be careful when drinking at Red rocks because of the elevation. Which is always funny to me, I live in Milwaukee drinking is literally all we do, I drink on roof tops I’ve been training my whole life for this.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Sadly, my song length request was too outlandish so get ready for a 5 min long dud

1 Like

Also something of note happened last night… Sultan posted a meme courtesy of the auction buyer. I am still not convinced there wasn’t some fuckery there. It makes no sense to go “HEY HERES A MEME FROM MY NEW BALLER FRIEND”

LETTER OF AUTHENTICITY omg i’m dying

Would be incredible if the band created the song based on this idea and then pretended that they came up with the theme themselves

17 Likes

Good lord, what a clown.

I wish him the best of luck w/this. Seems a bit overly specific, but who knows?

Can you propose:
“During the outro, the band quietly whispers all 100 contributors names in unison, using their best geriatric raptor voice”

12 Likes

Please send FB screenshot updates “once we start collecting payments”

4 Likes

I like that there seems to be a [stupid] raptor related theme going and then DANCE SECTION

2 Likes

Reading between the lines the entire song is some form of dance. “Funky” 4/4, famous UM Untz, etc

don’t forget…

:eggplant: :eggplant:

14 Likes

Something something Boyd Tinsley full jerk mode.

14 Likes

Thinking from the bands perspective, yeah 10k would be sweet (definitely not happening) but I would hate everything about this description for a song. So many inside jokes would come from this abomination.

3 Likes

I am worried that having to write and record this song might make all of the band members die of embarrassment.

5 Likes

Zero percent chance this actually happens between:

1. 100 people actually coughing up $100 a pop
  2. The band even remotely taking those suggestions seriously
  3. KB not just pocketing the money and never saying anything again about Sultan or this idea ever
7 Likes

On that note @opsopcopolis brought up a point that I should still buy in to make sure we can hear the song if it comes to that. I have 0 interest in paying out of pocket. So basically, do any bort fam wanna pitch in if and only if it comes to that?

2 Likes