Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part 1)

don’t forget…

:eggplant: :eggplant:

14 Likes

Something something Boyd Tinsley full jerk mode.

14 Likes

Thinking from the bands perspective, yeah 10k would be sweet (definitely not happening) but I would hate everything about this description for a song. So many inside jokes would come from this abomination.

3 Likes

I am worried that having to write and record this song might make all of the band members die of embarrassment.

5 Likes

Zero percent chance this actually happens between:

1. 100 people actually coughing up $100 a pop
  2. The band even remotely taking those suggestions seriously
  3. KB not just pocketing the money and never saying anything again about Sultan or this idea ever
7 Likes

On that note @opsopcopolis brought up a point that I should still buy in to make sure we can hear the song if it comes to that. I have 0 interest in paying out of pocket. So basically, do any bort fam wanna pitch in if and only if it comes to that?

2 Likes

If we get 100 borters to contribute $1 we can buy 1/100th of this $10,000 song

11 Likes

Math checks out. I’d toss $1

3 Likes

I don’t think we need to pitch in because there’s a 0% chance Sultan is his unlimited clout chasing tries to keep this a secret. But I can spare a buck I guess.

Also,

They’re going to come back and be like “Hi thanks edit this down to like 3 sentences please.”

1 Like

This is by far the most enjoyable cringe I’ve felt since watching The Office or Curb.

12 Likes

I can’t get over “that famous Umphreys untz”.

12 Likes

This IS a Biscuits board

6 Likes

I love how the ebay auction was along the lines of “give us your significant other’s name and we’ll write you that perfect I’m sorry song” and it evolved into “hey we’ll give you 10k to write a song with Raptor screeches.”

8 Likes

Brilliant

What was the meme?

that phrasing caught my attention to… not “once we have collectED…” but rather “start collectING”

i’ve got $5 on a .flac file for ya

Sure im in.

Does our donation come with a certificate of authenticity though? Need proof I own .01% of that famous umphreys untz

15 Likes

I can put about tree fiddy on it

Get hyped!

This and the interview post reminded me that a few months back he made a post about how the group was about UM and shouldn’t be used to over promote other bands

6 Likes