Outstanding Versions

Wow. 9/28/06 has an exploratory build with that beautiful harmonized lead. Great peak and then one of most beautiful Joel outros I think I’ve ever heard, I love the chords he’s playing here. 4/21/07 is a BANGER. I have a soft spot for these kinds of jams, I haven’t been listening to much UM in the last 6 months, and when I have its usually 2011-current and I forget how hard they used to ride the peaks back in the day. There’s nothing groundbreaking here, but IDM because it just puts a big ass smile on my face. I fux with this.

Your boy gave up his nugs acc awhile ago and 10/27/08 isn’t on the archive so I can’t speak for that one.

11/5/11 is a champ, we all know it, but I went back to it anyway to listen to it because I was thinking “maybe it’s not as good as I remember it, maybe one of these heavyweights above is actually better.” Nah bro. No way. This one has it all, it has the atmosphere, it has THE stassline, it has the uplifting rock that you can’t not nod your head to, it has the big time build THOSE ARPEGGIOS BRO, and it has the beautiful piano outro. It is the fucking champ for a reason.

1 Like

11/5/11 is so overrated

1 Like

You’re a towel

4 Likes

10/27/08 is SO GOOD. One of the best UM untz jams of all time followed by that more melodic, uplifting section of the ham. Probably my #1

Free stream here.

5 Likes

Kris on those edrums! I miss that 2008 vibe

6 Likes

7/23/21 Prowler, Walletsworth and Morning Song…

2 Likes

7/24/21 Fussy

1 Like

8-9-18 Phil’s Farm

Just discovered 9/11/04 and 3/12/04 Bad Poker thanks to @Serac. They need to be in here, especially 9/11.

2 Likes

10/8/21 Resolution. Maybe the DBK?

Looks like I’ve seen three of the last five great Much Obliged’s @gatroe - any you can recall from 2016 onward?

Scrolling through now. You’d be hard pressed to find more than a few over 10 mins. 2/3/16 is 13 mins and 10/5/18 is 12 mins. It shows up a lot in the encore slot

8/25/19 - 12 mins
7/10/21 - 11 mins

Might check a couple of these out but it’s been some time since MO was a real jam vehicle

1 Like

Peoria '09 Much Obliged was awesome and it was only like 10 minutes. UM jams dont always have to be long. 03/14/07 BLBC is another example of this. Problem is most of the short themes they present these days lack much depth or uniqueness, so they dont usually jump out. At least that has been my opinion at the last few shows I saw.

2 Likes

That 10/5/18 is excellent. Too bad they don’t get out there with this time anymore. 10/10/09 4eva

2 Likes

10/5/18 had a nice short but sweet Tinkles. Loved the return in that jam

Go ahead and put 9/21/12 linear on this list. So fucking good

3 Likes

3/1/2007 Miss Tinkles

7 Likes

Solid first post. But this is a biscuits board.

No, it’s a Squeaky Feet board now. SF4L SIYD #RTT

9 Likes

One of my new coworkers said she had heard of Umphrey’s before and later went on to share that she liked the Silent Type. Are there any noteworthy versions of this tune? Not super familiar with anything from It’s Not Us.