Outstanding Versions

It’s the most consistently chugged song too

Which is so strange because on the surface it doesn’t lend itself to a rock jam whatsoever, unless they bust out the BOC I guess

Jake just likes doing chugs in jams that start in Am. It’s pretty annoying

1 Like

There’s a damn-near guaranteed Rhiannon tease every time too nowadays.

1 Like

Pretty much this.

That said, you want to hear a really excellent, very concise version? 1/20/17 - this jam is downright evil.

2 Likes

9/5/20 Seasons is one of my most listened to 2020 jams this year. I believe its the only time Seasons has been truly jammed, and to UM standards its nothing out of this world but still pretty damn good

Was listening to 4/7/07 Hurt Bird Bath and surprised it was not on the list, same goes for a lot of stuff from the Live at Murat run, probably because the SBDs of the stuff that didn’t make the official release don’t circulate.

That said, 4/6/07 Roulette and The Fuzz are absolutely worthy of the list. Relaxed and beautiful jam in that Roulette and the Fuzz > N2F reprise is absolutely searing. Listening back all these years later, this show is just a lot better than I remember.

4/7/07 fell off a bit in the second set, but the first set is straight fire. Killer Padgett’s with both the implied Stew that was added around this time and a crushing jam, one if the best Bird Baths ever as far as I’m concerned plus Liquid > Mocca with improv in both. The Mocca, Padge and HBB are all “outstanding” versions I should think.

2 Likes

4/18/08 Higgins. I was in attendance. Just threw it on for the first time in years. Forgot how good this 12 min Higgins is. Good show start to finish.

Nice little back to back with the Sayreville show the night before.

When the jam’s not as good as you remembered:

6 Likes

5/29/2011 WWS is standardtown

Listening to 5/3/2007 and this LMS is fire. Came here to make sure it was on this list and wasn’t disappointed.

Ha! I think I started to write something about a recently mentioned show in the set list thread, and then realized I was in this thread. My comment above, which was unrelated to the deleted comment, still stands though. I’d take that Higgins over the other April 2008 version that’s already on this list.

4/18/07 is a great/underrated show. The Higgins>Crooked One>Higgins you mentioned is fire as is the GA, Tribute and IC. Love that show/run.

1 Like

11.05.11: “The Haunt” (with a great return to “Mantis”)

2 Likes

the best version

3 Likes

Ah, nice. I forgot 06.10.06 “The Haunt” has the “Web Tangle” Stewart.

of The Haunt? Very good version, 10/27/08 is better. I’d probably take 4/21/07 as well.

1 Like

yep, i agree.

1 Like

9/28/06 Haunt FTW.

2 Likes

I will listen to these Haunts later and deliver fiery judgment

1 Like