Opeth

Fuck that song. I was mainly wanting to point Hodor in the direction of what he might hear live. Agreed on all points though.

I’d be hard pressed to name a run of three records stronger then Leviathan>Blood Mountain>CTS.

2 Likes

The truth will send a ripple through your body

1 Like

the ocean is love

2 Likes

Every little morning early risers sneak into my room and open my eyelids :musical_note:

3 Likes

Love that Mastodon song

2 Likes

Um, while I love Leviathan>CTE from Mastodon, I think Opeth can lay claim to a three part album “run” ‘better’ than that…

Basically go +|- 2 records from “Still Life” and you have it…. No disrespect to Mastodon but in my view their best albums aren’t as interesting as “middle of the road” Opeth.

Still Life, Blackwater Park, Ghost Reveries and Deliverance/Damnation (together as originally intended) would all find their way onto my desert island before anything from Mastodon…

That said, I LOVE that Mastodon is part of this co-bill.

5 Likes

^ should read “CTS” as in Crack The Skye…

3 Likes

Pretty much agree with all of that. Don’t sleep on Z & A. I don’t know their catalog too well but everything I’ve heard has been interesting. It’s all over the place genre wise.

Opeth posted that today is the 5th anniversary of Sorceress, and there are tons of posts in the comments hating on it. I really don’t get it. I love that album.

1 Like

I dig that album a bunch too

I saw them on that tour and it was great. The title track on that record is great.

1 Like

Great album but mixed poorly. It’s way too muddy.

I was thinking sorceress was Pale communion for a second, which I think slays. Also, later career opeth sounds like a heavier Jethro Tull, which I’m all about.

Word of Mouf > Chicken N Beer > Red Light District

4 Likes

Hushed and Grim (Mastodon’s new one) is phenomenal to these ears… Has me even more fired up for this co-bill next week.

Hoping for a bunch of the new Mastodon album coupled with Leviathan and Crack The Skye material.

Would love to see Opeth play a lot of Still Life/BWP/GR/Deliverance stuff…

1 Like

Very cryptic

Wild that he’s already got a new gig with Turkuaz

4 Likes

I bet it’s a vax thing

1 Like