Opeth

Just snagged a center orchestra. I can’t believe I’m seeing fucking Opeth and mastodon at the Wang Theater. This theater normally has ballets and shit. This should be amazing.

5 Likes

I did same on presale. 4th row dead center. Have been bummed since Opeth cancelled their Worcester show back in 2019 (Mikael had laryngitis).

This will be sick. Hoping for some classic Mastodon in their setlist (think Leviathan and Crack The Skye).

Opeth can play whatever they want…. I dig it all.

I’ve never really listened to Mastodon but I am gonna try to learn some of the classics.

Did Opeth ever announce anything about that Worcester show? I’m still holding onto those tix . I’ll just take a refund at this point.

Oh, also in for avl.

4 Likes

This album is so good

3 Likes

Yeah was gonna say just listen to Crack the Skye

1 Like

Quintessence? Did @UnCommon_5 write this one?

1 Like

Quessential piece of music (right here)

1 Like

Remission:
Mother Puncher
March of the Fire Ants

Leviathan:
Blood and Thunder
Iron Tusk
Megalodon
Aqua Dementia
Hearts Alive

Blood Mountian:
Crystal Skull
Capillarian Crest
Siberian Divide

Crack the Skye:
All of it

The Hunter:
Meh

Once More Around The Sun
Meh

Emperor of Sand:
Sultans Curse
Steambreather
Jaguar God

I love Crack the Skye but still think Leviathan is their masterpiece.

5 Likes

Thank you! This is helpful

2 Likes

I like OMRTS

This is an almost perfect summary.

I’ll also add that their Cold Dark Place EP is really good. All 4 songs.

2 Likes

I still need to dive into that.

I can’t recommend it enough. Honestly some of my favorite songs of their’s.

Aunt Lisa is Mastodon’s Whistle Kids

1 Like

Leviathan is my fav mastodon album. Sea beast fucking slaaaays

1 Like

I’d say it’s more their Little Gift.

But yeah as a whole I really do like that album. Tread Lightly, The Motherload, Chimes at Midnight, Asleep in the Deep, Diamond in the Witch House… all great IMO

2 Likes

Seabeast is the name of my wireless network at home. The “wife” doesn’t care for it.

2 Likes

This dude playing Leviathan on piano from memory is seriously impressive and shows how well composed that album is.

https://youtu.be/h85KV5e6t-E

This is a Mastodon thread now.

You mean to tell me that you don’t throw on Show Yourself and dance your @ass off? I do. Roots Remain is also great. Actually I think I like that whole album.

Not that its helpful to paring down their catalog but I think all of Leviathan, Blood Mountain, and Crack the Skye is essential listening.