NYE 2023

Goose doesn’t do NYE? Are they waiting for phish to pass the MSG torch?

Depends on the severity of the damage.

Recovery is usually 3-6 months depending on severity.

They could have him tag team the duties with another drummer as well.

They did the last 2 years but sounds like they care more about their other December Holliday run instead.

1 Like

I still think there’s a difference if it being 4 months recovered and being 4 months covered and tackling 7 sets of high octane drumming like he does with Umphreys.

Doesn’t seem like something they should risk.

5 Likes

Would be similar to Fishman a few years ago.

He had surgery after summer and was back for NYE.

At least i think that is the case. I could be remembering wrong and that was just a rumor, but I think that was the case.

Pitchers will usually start throwing again after a few months, too, although its light.

1 Like

Wait you went to school with a member of PPPP?

3 Likes

Myers’ and fishman’s style are hardly comparable from a physical standpoint

5 Likes

I am just saying I wouldnt completely rule it out is all.

it’s not like they’re in the playoffs and the Super Bowl is one game away.

It’s a fucken Umphrey’s NYE show, there is zero reason to rush him back for one of the most underwhelming runs of the year.

6 Likes

ringo starr doesn’t currently have a new years run planned, and has a new EP coming that he’ll want to promote.

ringo playing ringo? wow!

3 Likes

From everything I’ve seen the Riviera sucks. Is that true?

10 Likes

Nope, best venue around. Definitely poop there.

10 Likes

Yeah the drummer. He was a good dude. Haven’t seen him in over a decade. Wish he was in a band I want to see

1 Like

It’s no Jerry Garcia’s voice

3 Likes

I laughed very hard at this lol

2 Likes

If you didn’t poop at the venue, have you ever truly even been there?

1 Like

Lol it’s Chicago man, good venues don’t exist. At least the ones this band decides to play. Silver lining it’s not the Aragon so I’m planning on going.

4 Likes

At UM Bowl, I was putting JarJar stickers in the ONE men’s stall at the Riv. There was standing water on the floor. Top notch venue.

2 Likes

Three nights of acoustic UM with Andy on the bongos.

I’m planning on going, but getting seats in the mez. Fuck that nuts to butts bullshit that is GA riv

1 Like