NYE 2023

Meh

Weird to not address the drummer situation

2 Likes

IIRC they added it to the drummer sheet as TBA, so I think implied that Kris won’t be there

4 Likes

Would make sense to give Kris a couple months to recover before deciding for sure on a replacement.

5 Likes

I would assume not. What I mean is I wouldn’t want to buy NYE tix without knowing who’s playing.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it potentially be more difficult to find a sit-in drummer for a NYE run given most of the people they currently have sitting in are in other bands that presumably are having NYE runs?

Maybe Krojo can sit in, he knows all the ABT covers.

3 Likes

My assumption is that this is a BCS of when Kris can return, and they’re hoping for it.

3 Likes

easy to get in trouble taking things literally but his phrasing implies he’s out.

1 Like

This definitely implies he’s out

6 Likes

One can hope and dream.

To be announced that Kris is back and playing “all-foot” sets.

Mike Portnoy on drums would get me there.

3 Likes

Get Mike Portnoy on the horn

Yeah, I think they’re going to have a hard time finding a competent drummer to fill in unless a band like Goose or Lotus doesn’t play

They should make an offer to Alex from Pigeons. Really good drummer and grew up a massive UM fan. He’s the one who first introduced me to UM back in high school.

I’m sure Pigeons is playing NYE though so guess that doesn’t really work

Put Kris on vox for nye. Can mad dog play drums?

2 Likes

TBA could still mean Kris.

I bet they are either in the wait-and-see mode, or they are working on getting a more big-name type of guy to push ticket sales.

1 Like

Ben has to be the front runner since goose doesn’t do Nye shows. But I’m sure with Lespecial supporting, their drummer will get some action as well.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone is recovering from rotator cuff surgery and drumming for a band like Umphrey’s Mcgee 4 months later for 7 sets.

6 Likes