Neighbor

Who’s Lyle?

Isn’t that the guitarist’s name?

I have no idea, I was legit asking

mfer figure it out and get back to me

I get that and sorta agree after listening to that show. He was playing cool out stuff but it felt kinda forced/like it didn’t really fit the vibe of the band

Neighbor lineup

2 Likes

At Resonate Suwanne there were maybe three different distinct moments where it sounded like Phish, too. One song sounded like Poor Heart. Poor Heart is not what I look for in a concert these days. Heard some more of that limited vocab by the guitar guy. Mostly it sounded like he emulated Trey, Jerry, and Gilmore. Not really doing his own thing.

Again, I still think they are a good band with good songs and good sound. But I have my criticisms.

1 Like

Yeah I got some big phish vibes in general. Tons of mixo jamming and the drummer clearly emulating fishman. Wasn’t really a fan of the singing or the compositions in general

I like the vocals.

One other thing, they’ve played waaay more shows than Squeaky Feet, but SqFt is significantly more interesting.

3 Likes

Listening to 4/23 now. Meh. The world doesn’t need another phish. Gimme squeak.

2 Likes

Should I go see these guys on Thursday? They’re playing Otus Supply

1 Like

Reminder that SqFt and Neighbor are playing Cervantes next Saturday 8/13 and you can Venmo $20 to @colin-shore to skip fees and make my band look good for the venue

1 Like

They moved their show last Saturday to October. Pretty bummed about that but I’d probably go check them out.

Seeing phish the night before, so the bar will be low

1 Like

They are playing at the Hamilton in DC. It’s been a while since I’ve been there. One of my favorite smaller venues. Not sure if I’m feeling the quite enough to make the trek :thinking:

Ah missed that they are playing there. I’ll probably hit that. Wasn’t sold based on what I’ve heard but I’m always down to be convinced otherwise.

This post squeak neighbor show is crushing. Enjoying it more than the stuff I’ve listened to so far

4 Likes

Yeah Neighbor was really good and super nice dudes. I knew Dan and Rick already but the other folks were super cool too. Felt great to get some good stuff praise from Lyle especially. We talked about getting some more shows together in the future on their side of the map, which would be heady

9 Likes

Definitely enjoyed last night’s show a lot more than what I saw at Sweetwater. Still thought a bit too much of the show was moody/slow/ballady type tunes. But that’s definitely a big part of their style. Just have to accept that it’s not totally my thing. Probably one of those bands I’ll appreciate listening to at home more than at a show.

Lyle had a huge chicken pickin solo/jam (think it was early in the second set) that blew me away. Not a country guy, but I really need to learn some country guitar.