My Morning Jacket

Listening now, excited to dig in

I really enjoyed it. Pretty chill overall and I can see why they didn’t really fit on the original. Feel You and Wasted both had great opened up sections at the end (I could see Feel You turning into a Phone Went West sorta situation.) Really glad to have some new MMJ

I dig it a lot. Still gotta see them love, bucket list show for sure

Really digging this on first listen. I foresee listening to a lot of this. Magic Bullet is a groove.

Yeah, I am really enjoying this album. Will be listening to this a lot this weekend.

After my first listen i’m all about Climbing the Ladder, Magic Bullet, and Wasted.

2 Likes

Listened today as well. All about the back half of the album. One that no one has mentioned is “Run It” dug that song as well on first listen.

2 Likes

Jim James solo stuff always gets stuck in my head:

Confessions: I love their song writing, JJ in particular really knows how to pen some great ones. My best man at our wedding is a musician and I had him perform Wonderful as part of our wedding ceremony and I was in tears of joy.

MMJ knows how to get into my feels.

2 Likes

Now that you mention that Beach Boys tune, I actually got a lot of Beach Boys vibes from the new record

I think I generally prefer Carl’s solo stuff to Jim’s. Eternally Even is amazing, but the Uniform Distortion/Clarity was pretty meh IMO. Carl’s newest album is great:

Uniform Distortion is trash. Only disappointment Mr James has ever delivered.

If the first waterfall is an A+ (which I think it is) I’m giving the new one a C on first listen. Some nice songs but really nothing grabbed me much beyond Feel You and Wasted and Magic Bullet.

Dear god I hated Climbing the Ladder. Awful tune…I hope I never have to listen to that again.

Run It is a great tune.

3 Likes

I’m really digging this record in general.

1 Like

The Magic Bullet, Run It, Wasted sequence is outstanding. I’d go so far as to say the top 3-4 songs compare very favorably to the top 3-4 on TWI.

Run It is sneakily becoming my favorite track on the album. Makes me want to go camping and drink beers around a campfire. Definitely one of those songs that reminds me why I fell in love with this band.

2 Likes

I agree on that sequence. Definitely my favorite part of the album.

1 Like

Run it…boy it’s good. It would fit right in on It Still Moves with that boozy piano

This is very intriguing.

1 Like

Looks like fun. Bummed that MMJ and Isbell aren’t on the same day though

Same, that would have been insane. Add Isbell to that Saturday line-up and it’d be basically a dream come true.