Monkeys On Ecstasy - The moe. thread

Yes. They billed themselves as Monkeys On Ecstacy a few times as well

It’s applied retroactively and kind of a joke. I think it’s just a moniker they use when they want to play “stealth” shows

Can’t we just have fun. Just once?

What was fun?

i believe this is the first show billed as monkeys on ecstacy

1/21/97 Wetlands Preserve - New York City, NY

Surprise show under the name Monkeys On Ecstasy

Hellborg, Lane, Sipe opened

Head*, Stranger Than Fiction, Timmy Tucker, 32 Things, lylelovit., St. Augustine, Brain Tuba*, Mexico, Nebraska, That Coffee Tune, Seat Of My Pants, Meat**, Magic Hat*, Spaz Medicine, Sensory Deprivation Bank

E: Queen Of The Rodeo, Moth > Awesome Gary

.* First time played. ** With “Eye Of The Tiger” (Stryper) and “Awesome Gary” teases.

welcome Head! RIP Brain Tuba :frowning: c’ya magic hat

my first moe. show was 2 days later in philly

1 Like

Anyone remember bearsong guy? He was a really old dude that wore tie dye everything and always had a Play Bearsong sign.

Was able to get a car pass for the Miracle Mile show today, pretty stoked since I figured I wasn’t really going to get to see any more legit live music this year. Gonna be a Bort snapfam extravaganza @mal @gatroe @sociablehodor

4 Likes

can’t wait to catch corona with my boys

1 Like

I think I’m actually in for this, and wasn’t even considering it up until this morning. Apparently a coworker’s dad’s house is 10 minutes from Vernon Downs so I went ahead and grabbed a pass.

5 hour drive and a little expensive for a ticket, but fuck who knows when the next opportunity to see a live concert will be.

1 Like

second night added!

New album is pretty meh upon first listen.

I like most of it. But it’s disappointingly short.

1 Like

I thought the same

Most jam band albums are pretty meh

Agreed but I do love PGroove and American Babies studio albums.

I think moe is the only one that consistently produces solid ones. Especially Wormwood. That’s my favorite studio album by any jam band. And I don’t think it’s that close.

1 Like

+1

More people need to hear American Babies Epic Battle. That album flirts with top 15 albums of all time for me from ANY band

3 Likes

I love Sweet Oblivious Antidote. That’s my fav jam band album

2 Likes

Yeah that album is amazing, one of my favorites of the past few years. By far my favorite Babies record.

Where’s my Walking in Place fam at?