Monkeys On Ecstasy - The moe. thread

just got Tin Cans and Car Tires on wax. Spun it while cooking dinner.

Banger after banger. I love moe.

2 Likes

I need to recommend 2015/08/06 to those who have not heard this.

Contender for my favorite “modern day” moe. show. Listening now for the first time in a while.

Highlights in set 1 are the monster St. Augustine and Flo, Set 2 is flawless. I mean what setlisting.

Set 1: Annihilation Blues, Blue Jeans Pizza1, St. Augustine1, Lost Along the Way1, White Lightning Turpentine 1> Don’t Fuck With Flo1

Set 2: Puebla1> Brent Black1, Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys1,2> Water1, Four1> Moth1

Encore: Hocus Pocus

1 with Nate Wilson on keys
2 Nate Wilson on vocals

as far as full-show moe. w/ keys go… nate wilson > kirk

Best seguefest I got to catch in the moe. glory days
11/9/01 Tipitina’s - New Orleans, LA

1: Spaz Medicine, Sensory Deprivation Bank, Can’t Seem To Find > Opium > lylelovit., Okayalright

2: Livin’ Again > Big World > Lazarus > Time Ed > Recreational Chemistry*

E: Bad Moon Rising

** With “Top 10 Things Vinnie Is Most Likely To Say” tease.*

2nd set was a few minutes short of 2 hours. Time Ed and Chemistry were an hour. It’s up on archive and worth the listen. The 3 minute botched bad moon rising encore was fine after that monster 2nd set.

my favorite in-person moe.segue fest turned into Dr. Stans prescription 2 takes me back to the second moe.down

8/31/01 Snow Ridge Ski Area - Turin, NY

Moth > Lazarus > Bring You Down > Brent Black > St. Augustine > Time Ed > Moth

E: Don’t Fear The Reaper

my favorite non-seen moe.segue fest is:
5/16/96 Edwards Hall, University Of Rhode Island - Providence, RI

Bring You Down > CalifornIA > Timmy Tucker* > Buster > Rebubula*# > Yodelittle

** Unfinished. # With “Inca Roads” (Frank Zappa) teases.*

1 Like

Never heard this one will check it out. Thanks for the rec!

haven’t listened to this in a while. wormwood live then that second set.

5/6/03 Bridge Street Music Hall - Syracuse, NY

Surprise show billed as Monkeys on Ecstasy.

1: Not Coming Down > Wormwood > Okayalright > Rumble Strip > Gone > Organs > Crab Eyes > Bullet > Kyle > Bend Sinister > Kids > Shoot First

2: Recreational Chemistry > Meat

E: The Weight, The Ballad of Curtis Lowe, Godzilla

moe. Mondays this week is my first ever moe. show. Segue into Don’t Fuck with Flo was awesome. What a treat to catch that my first show.

Totally overwhelmed by that show. One of my first non-bluegrass jam shows, besides one show each of STS9 and SCI. Never had much of a tolerance for weed and ate a big edible and smoked a bunch as soon as we got in the venue and I was absolutely flying that whole night.

Two months later I would ultimately buy a ticket to my first summer camp where I’d catch my first UM show and meet my now wife. Good times.

02/06/2015Ogden TheaterDenver, CO

Tour: 25th Anniversary Winter Tour

Set 1: George> Downward Facing Dog> Hector’s Pillow> Tubing The River Styx> The Pit, Dr. Graffenberg> Not Coming Down> George

Set 2: Crab Eyes, Stranger Than Fiction, Bearsong> Billy Goat1> Don’t Fuck With Flo> Mar-Dema> Meat

Encore: Letter Home2, Blue Jeans Pizza> Recreational Chemistry

1. unfinished
  2. #4EV
1 Like

Super jacked up about the drive-in show at Vernon Downs that was announced today.

Y’all know they have a new studio album, right?

Damn. Too far for me or I’d consider it.

Yeah kind of a hike for me but i’m dying for some live music and will be my first show of 2020 if I can get a ticket. So fuck it.

If it were Saturday I might force it. Just won’t be off of work in time. It’s 4.5 hours for me.

Ya I have a ton of PTO to burn so taking a half day. Probably a much bigger pain in the ass for you coming from the city too.

Yeah. Renting a car. We also move on the 2nd. Just not in the cards. Rage it for me! (or as much as you can in a car haha)

Really excited for this. My weekend is Thursday/Friday so it works perfectly. @mal is top tier drug band DD

2 Likes

Pumped for the drive in show. New album is actually pretty solid too

Is that actually what moe stands for?

been wondering this every time I look at this thread

I had read in the past that they were originally 5 Games Named Moe and then shortened to moe. but not sure of the validity of that