Lotus

I’ll post pics in the AM but we had grassfed steaks, mushroom, onion, farm fresh sharp cheddar cheese omelet for brunch. Yesterday we had sharp cheddar cheesy eggs with a veggie mix of asparagus, onions, mushrooms and sweet potatoes. Also had lunch at a microbrewery in town. Tonight I had chicken parm sandwich at z bar, there is a solid spot that hosts Eagles games not 15 minutes from the campground we’re at so we did okay with the food this weekend

3 Likes

Damn dude, just killing it!

3 Likes

I’ve been getting down to pretty much all of their recent shows, but I pop them on as passive listening when I’m cooking or doing other things.
Really digging the results of the revamp with Tim. It moves my butt.

3 Likes

Any shows stand out to you so far?

1 Like

Not really, but I think that’s just due to my method of ingestion. I pretty much just put the new board any time one pops up and get to work.
I’d been running a kitchen up until recently so most of it was listened to during rushes. Really great cooking music to keep the people moving, but not much active analysis on my end.

I was never super familiar with the band, though. Caught some festival sets over the years but never carried that home with me.

1 Like

Nectars in Seattle seems like a really small place to see them.

2 Likes

Old Rock House show is going to be a blast. Love that little room.

Lotus Valentine’s Day sounds fun

1 Like

Ugh, now I kinda wanna stay local && see some Lotus buuut that coincides with the UM Cap shows… if I can get someone to ride with me I’ll do UM Cap, if not I’ll do the easier choice of Lotus.

Plus, after potentially 4 UM shows the week prior, Lotus would be a good pallet cleanser. Cause fuuuuck that 5 hour drive, done it solo before, not terrible but not great obviously bc of the proximity to NYC. there is no easy way around it since there’s so many people in the same area it just inevitably takes some time

Hmmm, gonna stew on it, just stew it. Lotus is great, especially now, leaning towards Lotus at this point however twt

1 Like

Do lotus after 4 um shows

2 Likes

Absolutely. That’ll be interesting.
In for Eugene.

Oof, Nectar means half the crowd is going to get terrible sound. But that venue has a solid place in my heart and always will.

Damn, major bummer. Definitely not going out to Maplewood to see Lotus, let alone ever.

Also, lol at putting Minneapolis down on your tour poster and announcement. Should put down St. Paul if you’re going to try and do the whole “bigger named city people will know that is close by”.

why not? the water is safe now…

https://twitter.com/MPRnews/status/1592509259987697665?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

1 Like

Myth is a shitty club in a mall parking lot next to a Toys R Us. The city has tried to shut them down multiple times. I know a woman who is a Maplewood Cop and she said there’s rarely a show there where staff doesn’t get into an altercation with someone in the crowd.

3 Likes

So my boy Jeffery will be there? Havent seen him since his birthday party circa-1992.

6 Likes

It’s never good when you’re up for demolition every 2 years.

hot damn.

3 Likes

A friend of mine is opening for Lotus tonight. Go early. Say hello for me and feed him drugs.

3 Likes

Free stream from North Beach Music Fest….Lotus should be playing in ten minutes for two hours!

1 Like