Lotus

Both bodies found now…

12 Likes

Very sad but also glad they have the closure they need.

8 Likes

Hopefully they can get the life insurance and everything that was being held up now. Ugh poor family

8 Likes

Looks like Rempel sat in tonight on Spiritualize. Really hoping I can hit the cap show in a few weeks

3 Likes

Night 2: Lotus | 04/22/2023 @ Fillmore Auditorium - Denver, CO | Morris Family Benefit Concert Night 2 - YouTube

2 Likes

These benefit Lotus shows have been sounding real good.

Rob and Eli from Dop joining in Port Chester! That should be fun

3 Likes

Again, these have been real good. Looking forward to the Cap show, but just threw on the most recent on Nugs from hburg. This Wax is :fire:

3 Likes

That opening Wax had me grooving in the drink line lol. What a show, creative setlist, good cause, the energy in the room was palpable

2 Likes

Saw lotus for the first time tonight. Don’t ask me why I’ve never seen them. I have no idea. But I did have a blast.

Unless those jams don’t vary enough night after night, I’d say this band would be perfectly suited to my tastes. Fire jams and house-y af. Got me moving just as much or more than a biscuits or spafford show, and those are my most reliably awesome bands these days.

17 Likes

I haven’t seen them in years but they’ve always been my favorite after UM. Their tour schedule would always line up with UM whenever they were in town. Now I want to see Lotus

3 Likes

Just threw on the most recent Nugs Lotus show (Sept 29th). Haven’t listened to them in forever. This Nematode is absolute :fire:

3 Likes

Nice, I’ll have to spin that soon. I’m almost through the winter tour from this year and every show has been sick. Lotus with Tim is a solid outfit! Can’t wait for my next shows!

3 Likes

Thanks for this. Really hitting the spot right now.

1 Like

Minks and Shoes is groovy af. Anybody have a standout version they can point me to?

I can’t, bust just wanted to put it out there that their cover of Innerbloom is one of the best jam band covers out there.

1 Like

I’m going to be so bummed if I listen to a bunch of this stuff and find out that it all sounds the same, or they are inconsistent, not exploratory enough, or whatever else I complain about with jam bands, but they did the thing for me the other night.

Before this, Spafford and Biscuits (strangely, more so Spafford) are the bands most likely to get my feet moving like I am seeing a DJ. So, that’s why I’m raving about Lotus right now. That’s what I’m after. Because that’s important to me. I’ve been meh on most jam bands lately because I usually get more of what gets me off from DJs.

Lotus did the thing for me.

5 Likes

Very curious what @iamkickinit was typing.

1 Like

I was just gonna say that Lotus is great but they’ve always been the band that I’ll see when they’re local. And, honestly, I kinda like that relationship I have with them. The more I listen to the same jamband, the more critical I become.

2 Likes

yeah this is how I ruin a jam band for myself

3 Likes

I mean they are a jamband.

I also dont know much about them. But have enjoyed them most of the times I’ve seen them. I would say stick with the the early '00s stuff and the new shit with Palmieri. There was a long stretch there with Lotus that absolutely bored me to death.

7/2/03 is one I used to listen to all the time and still throw it on every now and then. But all the old stuff is quite a bit slower. “Elevator jamband music” as @PEN1S_ISLAND says.

The Palmieri stuff has pretty much all rocked. He brought a whole new level of energy to the band. And they seem to only be getting better.

1 Like