Lespecial

Yeah @dtbar1 this is your last chance to see them before everyone thinks they suck in 6 months

4 Likes

I bought 2 shirts last time I was there. You know they’re legit.

Fuck, you’re right. I can see that’s already happening. I better go while I can still get bort cred

6 Likes

I expect a full report, with proof that you stayed through the encore

3 Likes

I just saw this thread pop up and decided to give them a listen. This shit is dope.

4 Likes

They’re in the Primus vein for me atm. But even seeing Primus live gets old imo. They’re gonna have to jam to keep my attention as far as a band I wanna see a bunch of times. But right now I love their body of work.

I also saw a Halloween mash up show. So who knows?

2 Likes

I’m pumped for the Asheville shows with them

1 Like

I’m glad I can like bands without the unfulfilling need to see them 50 times. It’s OK to see a band once every two years or so when they come to town.

3 Likes

LOVE Primus but it’s always the same songs, same rants and shit. I love it but I know exactly what I’m getting.

• this tour playing the Rush album was filled with bust outs. Best Primus show I’ve seen by far. (Because it wasn’t predictable)
5 Likes

I’m glad you can too

There was a comment in the music league thread about headbangers ball and it made me think of Lespecial. Saw them do a headbangers ball set once which crushed. Their originals are great too. If you have a chance to see these guys definitely do it!

3 Likes

You should have hopped on a flight to see them.

1 Like

I mean…I heard of them today. I’m OK with waiting until the inevitable SF show.

1 Like

I hope @dtbar1 has a productive day at work

2 Likes

Thanks for worrying about me. I got home around 130 and did what any normal person would do, take a couple more shots to help me fall asleep. Driving into work was questionable, but I made it.

The show was a ton of fun. There was surprisingly a pretty impressive mosh pit for the last 4 songs or so, starting with Tonberry, so that was cool. People must have been wasted because it was hilarious how many people were eating shit in the pit, but at least everyone had the etiquette to pick them right up.

The last song they played was a Enter Sandstorm mashup, which was awesome. Great time. Would do it again.

5 Likes

Saw a clip of the pit in their IG stories, also someone broke a bone?

As someone who has been in many massive thrash and death metal pits, seeing jam band fans mosh is cute.

Glad you had a good time! Good luck w your stuff today!

3 Likes

Oh damn, didn’t notice anyone breaking a bone.

Agreed though, as a big metal fan I have been in and seen a lot of huge pits. That is why I was surprised that this was actually a pretty solid pit and people knew the pit etiquette.

1 Like

1 Like

probably going to snag tickets to see them at the Back Room at the Colectivo in MKE on the 12th.

fun venue in the back of a coffee shop.

5 Likes

Yeah, I really wanna catch that show as well, but I’m not certain how I feel about being in that small of a space right now, w/all the COVID numbers rising so quickly in MKE. I hate being in this position of health uncertainty, and lowered immune response. Trying to feel safe going to a couple more shows at the Pabst, Turner Hall & the Riverside in the upcoming months is stressful enough. Hope they keep touring & come back through MKE relatively soon.

1 Like