King Crimson

Maybe they won’t sell lawns?

Excited for the Milwaukee date. Still wish Adrian was in the line up, but I’ll take as much fripp as I can before he passes

Yeah, I can’t imagine they will

Yeah I’m floored that the Bay date is Concord Pavilion. A freaking pavilion show?

1 Like

That’s probably what it is. Still 7,500 seated capacity though. Quite a bit larger than the Bellco where they played in 2017 (5,000) which had closed off rear sections because they didn’t sell enough tickets. I got auto upgraded for free to a lower section. When they came back to Denver in 2019 they played the Paramount which is even smaller at 1,800. Very interesting.

It would be awesome to see them at the ATL Fox Theatre. Too bad it’s on a Tuesday.

Just bought tix to the Milwaukee show. Front row balcony. Pretty hype, even though I’m not super keen on Mel on vox. Just excited to see fripp do fripp stuff.

It’s Jakko on vox. I think he does a great job, particularly with the older stuff

1 Like

Ah i misremembered. I don’t mind him on vid, but I’m a huge Belew fanboy and prefer his era of crim the most. Just wish I had an opportunity to see him with crim.

I get that. They play some of the Belew stuff, but this band is definitely a totally different vibe. You’ll have a great time.

We just pulled tix 6 rows back dead center for the show here.

1 Like

The drummers alone are worth the price of admission.

1 Like

Oh fo sho. I saw a very similar, if not the same lineup, in 2014 at the Barrymore. Front row. Was killer!

1 Like

I wanna get tickets but I’m too broke. This happens every time King Crimson, Steely Dan or any heady older band comes through.

1 Like

Aren’t you about to see 3 nights of UM? If it were me, I’d prioritize seeing the band filled with 60-70 year old dudes over a younger one you’ve already seen dozens of times.

1 Like

When’s your Mom’s birthday? Gotta factor that in.

6 Likes

That reminds me of 2011 when my ter friends were going to do a long run of like 9 UM shows over a couple weeks. It wasn’t really practical for me to do because I was attending college, but while they were gone I was able to see Return to Forever at the ATL Fox Theatre. I don’t regret it one bit, especially because I never saw any member of that band again, Chick is now dead, and still I’ve seen UM dozens of more times since anyway.

2 Likes

I know. I scored my tickets to UM for way cheaper than expected. Would’ve had to sacrifice 2 out of the 3 shows to make up for the $70 king crimson ticket.

I hate when I don’t understand a bort reference

1 Like

final sentence

2 Likes

Very worth it

3 Likes