Yeah, this is great

1 Like

https://youtu.be/et8sJjAiVFU

You can get yo head cracked nigga, omelette fried

1 Like

White dude saying the N word :man_facepalming:

Again.

SMDFTB

First time going through Kendrick’s new album. So far so good. Love the production of this album

4 Likes

Song bangs real hard. Honestly not a Danny Brown fan at all. Hate his gimmick voice. Hes got a few tracks he doesnt use it and they all slap. But this verse fucking goes.

Weed a different color like a hoodrat bra and panties
And my flow be overhead like pots and pans in pantries
Antsy cause I’m high like Michael Jackson penny loafers
Moonwalkin’ on the sun, barefoot, with shades on
Bitch pussy smell like a penguin
Wouldn’t hit that shit with my worst enemy’s penis
Bitch when I say this I mean this: Ho, I’m the meanest
Dick so big, stretch from Earth to Venus
That molly got me nauseous, aw shit, no off switch
Lawless, obnoxious, on that “suck my cock” shit
That is my synopsis, ostrich posh shit
Hoes on some goth shit, stop it! You not this!
Novice, regardless, heartless and awkward
Cryin’ tears of vodka prima donna at the concert
Adonis smokin’ chronic ‘bout to vomit gin and tonic
Just bein’ honest, tell me, isn’t that ironic?

1 Like

Rich Spirt and We Cry Together is a helluva 1-2 punch.

Listened to the album a few times so far and its taking awhile to digest. Must mean its fire. Doesnt have the street anthem aspect that MAAD City or DAMN had imo. More of the deep, spiritual Kendrick like To Pimp A Butterfly. Im all about it.

3 Likes

Also Auntie Diaries is up there with GOAT kendrick tracks

2 Likes

I agree with your assessment. Personally I found this to be more of an ear worm than TPAB but the same artistic vision seemed to influence how the album was written and styled. This is more personal whereas TPAB seemed more observational. I’ve already listened to this more than I have TPAB - it has a lot more sticky substance to it. But it does make me want to revisit TPAB

Edit here to add that this album reminds me of a session with my therapist in all of the best ways. The introspection it takes to write these types of songs and frame them the way he has really hits home with me. I’ve lived some of that and being able to relate in that way really brought me back to some of the more impactful sessions I have had when analyzing my own behavior and failures. This album has got layers on layers of subtext.

1 Like

Auntie Diaries and We Cry Together definitely stood out on the first listen and they are even heavier and more layered the more you listen. K Dot really puts some thought provoking imagery into his lyrics. Really powerful content and the composition behind each track really emphasizes the theme of each song.

Edit to add that hip hop has been needing a song like auntie diaries for a long time. Black trans women are on the vanguard of the queer movement and queerness has always been erased from the hip hop scene. I love that it’s biggest star has challenged the audience to confront so much stuff that is covered in that song. It gave me goosebumps.

1 Like

SHRN

2 Likes

This thread proves how musically ignorant a lot of dead heads are, especially the boomers. Enjoying trolling this thread

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeRZptmrSMZ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Great album and still scary relevant.

1 Like

Gravy doesn’t miss.

1 Like

had never heard of him until my buddy shared this song that he has a producing credit on (he’s boys with Dillon Francis). dude is infectious AF

1 Like

Homie just sent me this. So much :fuelpump:. Need to cop.

1 Like

lovin this new k. tune
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_s9JJnqQqM

1 Like