Jams the bort literally never talks about

All things Ninja, 3/5/2010. Spacey, Drum and Bass Fire, one of my favorite jams that I always forget about.

1/30/11 Blecho

The whole track is under 9 minutes but it really delivers. Built around a really catch Jake riff, BB goes off on the soaring textures. The whole thing just builds and builds and builds. Great jam for its length

5 Likes

There’s an entire thread on the bort dedicated to that jam lol

4 Likes

Lol

Crooked One 7/14/11. MO from the same show is also huge

Lolol

Maybe I couldn’t find the correct thread, but the one I did find (melodic piano focused jams) contains a single post referencing the 1/30/11 Blecho. That’s a far cry from an entire thread dedicated to it.

The OP of that thread.

Phils 8-9-18. I will fluff this jam forever.

I’m a huge fan of the 2/17/12 C’Bus Turn & Dub.

1 Like

9/10/11 DBK and MO

6/5/08 IC into Synco check it out sometime bort fam

3 Likes

6/23/11 Higgins
6/24/11 Bright Lights

1 Like

12/29/12 Conduit

1 Like

2/16/11 2x2 has this slick jam with an almost Spanish bullfighting feel to it. And the GA has two really solid jams as well. First is probably not everyone’s cup o’ tea with Kris doing some woo’ing but the 2nd has a very August-jam feel to it and I dig it quite a bit.

The 1/14/10 show gets little talk on NuBort. Pretty killer Reso, 2x2, and Kitchen. The M2M > Stew just brings all of it.

Love the 7/5/07 Crooked One. Starts off very Pipeline-esque surfer jam and just goes in some truly unique directions. The last 5 minutes is fantastic and honestly seems like they’re exploring improv territory that birthed the monster 8/26/07 ITK.

3/4/11 Rocker 2 doesn’t get much talk here. The B 1/2 overshadows rightfully so but this jam is criminally underrated.

The 6/2/10 Intentions Clear is a real interesting Joel-heavy piece covering some territory. It moves slowly but with intention through a few movements before settling on this cool, almost hip-hop beat Joel-led section that is reminiscent of the 3/3/11 IC lyrical stew.

9/1/11 Intentions Clear is another beaut. The first jam meanders just a bit but they lay down hints of what’s to come and the Jake led 2nd jam to the peak is super high quality.

2/7/13 GA is a short but sweet layered jam with some nice octave pedal work by Jake.

And the 2/6/13 Milk hasn’t gotten much mention here either. 3 jams ending with a sweet take on the middle eastern metal theme.

3 Likes

11/14/08 - Dump City

1 Like

Damn, I almost forgot about this Milk! This IS a stellar version.

1 Like

7/28/2007 DBK. 40+ minutes bros, I’ll fluff this attendance-biased jam til i die. OK so 13 days is somewhere in the middle but that’s all of 4 minutes. Classic 2007 dance jam, sweet jazzy (repeated I think) stew, and one of the most thunderous returns to the DBK theme you’ll ever hear. They milk the shit out of all of this too… they don’t even get to the classical motif until 10 mins in lol. Check it

1 Like

8/6/2010 IC is a super smooth lounge party. The first section is built around some Bayliss riffage, gets a little darker and heavier for a bit, then they wipe the slate clean with a descending BB riff and Stasik comes in with the Taurus and things take a turn for the tasty with a really patient and linear build. BB busts out another little riff eventually, Jake and Joel just add texture, and it’s really good.

EDIT to add that the way they slow the tempo down and -> into Bottom Half is also excellent.

This sounds good, I’m gonna put this on later. Thanks