Has UM's popularity declined?

Mine’s just a big list with a sum of total shows and total tapes made…

2 Likes

I do too after seeing the idea posted here years ago. Yay for us nerds.

Mine has a list of shows based on date, artist, venue, city, state, notes. And then tabs with an annual summary, and then unique show counts by band, by venue, by city/state

2 Likes

I was lucky I started it pretty early in my concert-going days. Didn’t start seeing much outside of Yonder and the occasional punk show until like 2012 when I started branching out. When I started this list I went back and dug through my box of ticket stubs, e-mail receipts, and calendar dates. Think I’m pretty close to having every concert I’ve ever been to in there (except for maybe some random sets at town fairs and stuff in middle school).

First show: Linkin Park and P.O.D. at the Allstate Arena in 2004.

7 Likes

I know I’m probably missing a bunch of shows from my college days where I either lost the stubs or paid cash at the door for smaller shows, but I too did a deep dive through my old bags of tickets to start my spreadsheet. I like busting them out every few years as it is a nice cruise down memory lane.

4 Likes

that’s pretty impressive. I think I started a basic spreadsheet in 2014 and was way too intimidated to go back in time outside of like 3 bands. (UM, the Werks, Greensky)

2 Likes

very cool. i have a google sheet with a tab for every year, only going back the last few though. date, artist, venue and then color coded by venue size.

2 Likes

My first show was Incubus at the Palace of Auburn Hills in 2004.

2 Likes

Unless we count shows in the womb cause I saw some of the Grateful Dead 1987 summer tour en utero…

1 Like

That explains a lot

6 Likes

Damn, what are your venue size brackets?

1 Like

comedy, outdoor, arenas, theaters, mid-size, small clubs.

just a little pop of color to make is easier on the eyes.

1 Like

First show was Raffi at Ravinia in 1992.

Memory is hazy from all the apple juice and crackers I consumed that night but I believe there was a really good segue from Baby Beluga > Evergreen Everblue.

8 Likes

My first was raffi at tanglewood but my parents didn’t keep the stubs so idk when

3 Likes

lol how convenient, your first show just happens to be one of the most legendary raffi sets in history. “parents didn’t keep the stubs” :roll_eyes: sure!

10 Likes

You questioning my show count?!?!

6 Likes

I can’t believe I just Google’d “raffi tanglewood”…what an idiot!

7 Likes

Heard some heavy shit went down in the lot that night.

2 Likes

And?

Spill the beans!

One of the toddlers told me he’d kill me and my family if I ever told anybody.

6 Likes