Halloween 2022

I’d love to join if this happened. @Albert_Ross visits us all the time. Time to come his way for once. Isn’t @thefussyasianman up that way?? Would love to meet him and whatever other borter is up that way

5 Likes

I can’t remember actually ever sitting down at the Barrymore haha. Oh to be in my 20s again.

1 Like

Myself and @GizaButler too

3 Likes

It’s gotta be related to the limited nights available to book the rooms they usually play on tour and not a conscious decision to skip Milwaukee. The pandemic pushed markets back a whole year if you consider the lapse in live UM from March 2020 to Suwanee Rising in April 2021 so combine that factor with the all these other touring bands trying to make up for loss time, they are going to have to get on 18 month cycles to hit them all again.

Consider the fact they played over 80+ shows a year for such a long time then went to roughly a quarter of that in 2020 and half that in 2021, that’s 100+ shows they have to catch up on marketwise. Look at Texas and California. It will have been since July 2019 (not counting that festival set last year) since they hit California with a proper two setter. That is over three years not playing in some of the biggest metro areas in the country. Then you have Texas not seeing any shows since August 2018 (so four years counting) with some of the other biggest metros in the country and you can see the conundrum the band finds themselves in right now. They need to spread out the love and I would probably imagine the strategy revolves around maintaining market share (like what was up with Philly going from the Fillmore to the Brooklyn Bowl other than doing Shapiro a solid) rather than growing it right now. They regularly hit three nights in Milwaukee since they started doing Halloween runs there but they also regularly hit Atlanta and look at the New Years run, only getting two nights. They gotta make up for lost time somehow and while I don’t exactly get some of the moves they’ve made recently I trust that they’ll have something big for us in store for the 25th anniversary tour next year.

2 Likes

Set breaks were clutch

1 Like

Hell yeah bell yeah!!

3 Likes

Riverside always has a nicely stacked schedule. Wouldn’t be surprised if this were the case. I’m not sure how many 1k-3k venues they have that UM can play

I’ve always wanted to see them at the pabst. Would be fun. The balconies at the pabst sound wayyyy better than the balcony at the riverside

1 Like

Yeah love the Pabst. I think I’ve only seen a GSBG show there but it was sweet in the center balcony

1 Like

I’ve buy a lot of tickets in the highest balcony center where we get a rail, easy walk way access, and a single stall bathroom that no one goes to. Sound is great, lights have been great. Seen explosions in the sky, courtney barnett, david crosby, and a few more from those seats.

1 Like

Lol I saw Gogol Bordello at the Pabst and got yelled at 3-4 times for smoking one hitters in the balcony

3 Likes

We got popped for smoking a joint. It came with a real soft warning and they let us finish it so it wasn’t a big deal but it was a bit of a culture shock from every other MKE venue I’ve been to

3 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty crazy considering how much of a party riverside is

2 Likes

It most definitely is the case…

3 Likes

Sarah Michelle Gell-yeah!

5 Likes

The Pabst is the nicest, most historic & beautiful venue of the Pabst Group options, so it’s also the one room where the security will be a bit tighter. Also, as with any of their rooms, the level of security will be impacted by the band & their crowd. As with all of them though, that style of light warning will typically be the extent, unless you have another patron who has good reason raise a stink over you specifically to the security team members. They just want all patrons to enjoy the shows, even us chemically fueled jam band dorks.

3 Likes

@plantseedlight any word yet?

He looked into it last night while he was there. They got nothing on the schedule that he can see on those dates as of right now.

1 Like

Riverside is probably my favorite venue, Orpheum in Madison is great too. Sylvee was alright but I prefer Orpheum.

I’d like to get to Riverside one day but it is looking less likely Milwaukee will be on my list of cities to travel to again now that I’m about to get married and my touring days are minimal.

Have seen some great shows in WI through the years though…