Haken

The “wife” just sent me a vid of Charlie spoiling all that shit. I muted them on ig the last month or so to avoid spoilers

1 Like

I should listen to these guys again and give them another chance

TrumpCard got me obsessed with Leprous but Haken turned me off on the first couple listens.

1 Like

Pretty different bands imo, though I’m not super familiar with leprous

Yeah that was it

1 Like

Yeah for sure not really implying they’re the same , just both prog bands that I “should” be into

2 Likes

Island In The Clouds off the new album was thought by the band to have a Steven Wilson/PT influence.

3 Likes

I’ll give that a shot, thanks man

The new album is probably the most accessible since the mountain, especially if you like that SW/PT type of prog

Pretty sure i told @sociablehodor to listen to that song and he ignored me. That bridge gives me such tool vibes.

1 Like

Elephants Never Forget is amazing live.

3 Likes

That and Atlas Stone got me so hyped. Was kinda glad there was no cockroach king for once.

2 Likes

Got one of the biggest crowd reactions once the piano notes hit.

1 Like

I didn’t go to any of their opener shows last year but thought it was cool they didn’t repeat any songs from that setlist.

4 Likes

I was pretty happy no cockroach king and 1985. Didn’t expect so much mountain though

1 Like

They played the best(IMO) 3 songs from the mountain. Falling Back to Earth being #1 even if for personal reasons atlas stone is my favorite.

1 Like

Pareidolia > Atlas Stone

I was thrilled with the setlist. Falling Back to Earth, Architect, Elephants Never Forget, and Celestial Elixir were all wonderful surprises. Sempiternal Beings also sounded really great.

I know I’m in the minority here but Messiah Complex is just ok. It’s never grabbed me and is a little too meandering. One thing I love about their epic tracks is that they are long but cohesive. There is a return of main themes at some point and MC doesn’t have that. But also I really never gave Virus as much attention as everything pre-Vector.

Also,

Yeah, they are very different bands. I can see how a huge SW fan would like Leprous more. They are all about texture and Einar is an angel whereas Haken has epic energy and shred. I love both though.

1 Like

Well it is technically 5 songs rather than 1. And has all the musical references to other songs instead.

I think Messiah Complex is more impressive than it is a good song. I’m glad i saw live once, but wouldn’t care if i ever saw it again.

1 Like

I love Messiah Complex, and to me it feels like a culmination of the darker/heavier vector/virus period. I love all the references to previous songs and definitely feel like they take the place of the normal melodic return.

That said, I feel like I’m the only one here that really likes both those records