General shit talking

Think it was 15-20 mins before

3 Likes

Not even Goose had a good turnout in Nola last week

2 Likes

This is what happens when you wait until 2 months before Jazz Fest to announce. My wife and I were planning on attending this year but wanted one of UM/STS9/tDB/SCI to have some shows before we committed. We ended up hopping on cheese ter because flights went way up and lodging was hard to find. And then a month later, tDB announce this.

Shame, because great setlists imo and solid shows.

1 Like

Only went Friday and had a blast, it was way undersold but pretty cool venue to see them play. So glad to see them touring consistently again. Fingers crossed for some Midwest dates this fall.

Really like the friday show. Setlist is right up my alley. Love Fiddler. The M1 > Feel Love > Orch > SLS segment is solid.

2nd set is pretty dope imo. Wormhole > Naeba > WiC works really well. And I’m glad theyre actually playing Spin Me Round. One of my fav covers from them in a long time. Babz was built for that song.

Taken at 8:55pm

Show started at 9:35pm ish

Here is my very detailed drawing of the theater. Cool venue but didn’t make sense for them.

Black= actual balcony of theater which they didn’t even sell tickets for
Green= tickets sold as “balcony”
Purple= where people actually were
Red= wooks who were too fucked up and sitting down the whole time

@jachapman would you agree?

I would have been pissed if I bought an actual “seat” in the lower section. When I went to box office they tried to sell me a seat and I said give me a balcony ga or whatever is cheapest “I heard no one gave a fuck and you could go anywhere you want last night” to which he proceeded to sell me a balcony seat. You could go wherever. I could have been on the rail. People were openly doing drugs the whole time. This one guy in front of me kept taking out his phone and just straight up doing lines off his phone. I’ve never seen so many people not even attempt to hide it. I was still respectful or whatever and went to the bathroom lol Basically half the crowd was in the aisles. What I will say is… for such a small crowd it was rowdy and fun as hell. So much dancing and energy. I loved that.

I have only been to like 10 biscuits shows but this was my favorite one (this was Saturday night) next to night 2 (I think) of Columbia drive in. I should really stop seeing UM and start seeing biscuits and tribe more. B4L

7 Likes

7 Likes

Now thats what i call a breakdown of crowd size

2 Likes

Diagram is on point.

They sold about 400 tix both nights in a 2200 capacity theatre. Venue, announcement, and weekend were all wrong IMO. Shows were hot, but not as hot as Cap and Denver. Hard to summon energy from so few people. Let’s be honest, these shows are write-offs so the dudes can put their hotel and travel money for fest on their tax return. Promoter lost money, but nothing astronomical. The benefit of this venue is that it’s EASY to scale back and cheap to book.

@twt, hit me up next time!

ETA: I think they were realistically shooting for about 1,000 tix/night at most. I, as a very tired boy both nights, much preferred the big cheap room as opposed to a sold out club.

3 Likes

400 sounds like a lot. My guess would be 200-300 were there lol but I guess you did say “sold” and I’m sure your friends weren’t only people to not show up that night haha

1 Like

We must have been right next to each other when you took that picture lol

How was that Shimmy jam?

You were there?

I’m assuming he got the pic from @hbbubblebath

2 Likes

What? Clearly they both took one from the same spot at the same time…

2 Likes

Nah the homie went from europe to NOLA just so he could shit on babz.

2 Likes

I would’ve hit you up before the show but I came last minute since I wasn’t sure if I could make it. I got an insane stomach bug and issues in the gulf shores and was just sitting by myself trying not to shit my pants for the first time in a few days. I was a really pathetic and not fun site.

But somehow felt semi better by show time to tough it out Friday. That venue lost their ass on me bought cheap ticket and one bottle of water all night.

3 Likes

why are the biscuits doing a musical? Wtf is that

2 Likes

The Very Moon bro. What could go wrong?