Festivals

Bobby Weir Incident will probably be super fun but this looks like a watered down version of prior years.

Iā€™m fully out on Bob Weir in the year 2024 and beyond. Saw someone say listening to DnC is like trying to get around someone walking slow. Heā€™s a crutch in my opinion

Havenā€™t seen him live in a few years but Wolf Bros rips pretty hard. I think something about the big sound and major production that goes into D&Co that slows him down. Not that heā€™s shredding like Jimi outside of D&Co but itā€™s worlds apart IMO.

Cheese isnā€™t going to slow down their dead covers for him and Bob is probably still a better singer than Nershi, Kyle & Kang. Itā€™ll be fun at a festival. $110 at the Chicago Theatre would be a different assessment.

1 Like

Still love Bobby, flubbed lyrics, slow tempo and all

6 Likes

yup. cherish him while heā€™s still playing. Heā€™ll definitely have people thinking ā€œI wish I saw him one more timeā€ when heā€™s gone.

5 Likes

Dead and Company has moments

7 Likes

Ill take a Bob Weir set over all the other shitty cover themed sets that they do at Hula. 2017 Hula Incident was by far the worst SCI set Iā€™ve ever seen.

2 Likes

Itā€™ll also be interesting to see who fills in for Bob Weir when he bails.

Didnā€™t Killer Mike just have some kind of legal issue?

Yeah the sit in sets are usually unrehearsed train wrecks

yeah the love theme was the absolute worst choice.

2013 was voodoo themed and that ripped.

2014 was the after life and that ripped.

nothing will top the Lauryn Hill incident where Keith and Bill sat down behind Kyleā€™s keys for 30 minutes.

3 Likes

Forever known as the Lauryn Hill Accident. Thank God Bookashade started half way through that set.

2 Likes

I would enjoy that a lot and i think SCI blows

Wasnā€™t that at electric forest one year? I forgot what happened

1 Like

Yup. EF '14

I wasnā€™t there so donā€™t really remember. she was 45 minutes late (early by her standards) and was just doing diva type stuff that literally sent Keith and Bill hiding.

I want to say part of it was her wanting to bring like 12 back up singers on stage with her after already being told that wasnā€™t happening which led to animosity pre-show backstage.

1 Like

Sheā€™s incredibly talented and her album is one of the best of the last few decades, but she sounds like an asshole of a person.

1 Like

I was there and donā€™t remember any of that lol. Acid casualtyā€™d

I do remember wondering how theyā€™d pull it off and it being a train wreck but I couldnā€™t remember the specifics

Sheā€™s late to 100% of her gigs and is completely unprofessional. Not sure how she keeps it going. People are always pissed, venues are always pissed, promoters are always pissed, yet she still sells out gigantic venues.

2 Likes

Because she is a fucking goddess tbh

2 Likes