Festivals

Man, I had forgotten what a moment ovals had in the late 90’s

2 Likes

Bummer that they moved this to Bridgeview

Worst location possible and they displaced an already scheduled soccer game for the Red Stars. If you need “public transportation” after 7 pm the suggestion is to call an Uber to take you to midway. That’s going to be yet another bottlenecked disaster zone.

Wasn’t ‘Polaris’ the band from the Pete & Pete theme?

Yep. The song is Hey Sandy

1 Like

It was so fucking hot. Had a blast last night but opted to just go home for the day today and I’ll head back Saturday. 91 degrees in a horsefly-ridden Tennessee farm is absolutely miserable

3 Likes

How’d you enjoy that extended PL set??

1 Like

They actually did 2 sets (think they changed it in the last few weeks) but it was a blast! Them playing on the main stage really blew the roof off the place. It was a dance party

Excited and nervous for the sunrise set Saturday night/Sunday morning

2 Likes

Glad you had a good time man. No shame in going to beat the heat. I am probably one of the few people on here who still loves a good festival, but you have to know when the body needs what the body needs. AC is way more important than missing some act you are only loosely interested in

Is PL always an ensemble now? I would like to check that out some time. I wasnt a big fan of the last show of his I saw, but have enjoyed a couple sets in the past. The band set sound really interesting though

1 Like

That’s one major plus aspect of Outside Lands. Golden Gate Park in August has natural A/C. Feels so good.

Too bad the lineups are mostly. Only going for the Sturgill Simpson day this year.

1 Like

I figured since I’m an hour max from the site and I got the weekend band and camping pass for $200, I could have some flexibility. So glad I’m in AC today

It is a full ensemble now. It’s a really fun product imo, nostalgia electro bangers that get “jammed” our typically with dancey jams and tons of samples

Check out the “Pretty Lights Live” SoundCloud if you have any interest, they rip the twitch streams (every show streams for free) and post the tracks. I think you would dig some of it at the very least!

That earlier shit they did when he came back. Colorado IIRC, was good shit.

1 Like

Ill check it out. As far as staying up for sunrise. Just wait to head to fest until right before sunset and dont start partying until like 8-9. You are a spring chicken. You can handle a nice 12-hour bender no problem. The key is not wasting any energy walking and sweating your ass off during the day

6 Likes

Also, cocaine.

5 Likes

Oh live band sets are even better. Saw a really fun one @ Camp Bisco back in '19

1 Like

Its pretty fucking good. Starts about 15 min in.

3 Likes

This opening track with the blue skies/once in a lifetime/goodbye blue sky samples is hot as fuck

One of biggest douchebags i have ever met, but as a fellow addict i know that sometimes you lose yourself. Good is good though and this shit is good

5 Likes

Did you stay for Gwar??

1 Like

I did not, had every intention of stopping by but completely forgot once we got to Chris Lake. Gonna try to rewatch the Hulu stream of it at some point

This doesn’t really do much for me