Dream Theater

I can’t believe the DT thread was never remade on the dash bort

Stoked for this Blu-Ray!

Distant Memories - Live In London is our first live release since 2014’s Breaking the Fourth Wall. The new live release will be available in various configurations including digital only, a 3-CD and 2 DVD multibox, a 3-CD and 2 Blu-Ray digipak with slipcase, a limited deluxe 3-CD + 2 Blu-Ray + 2 DVD Artbook and a limited 4-LP and 3-CD box set. The video components will also feature a Behind The Scenes look at the band as we prepare for the shows!
The tracklisting for Distant Memories – Live In London is:

1. Untethered Angel
  2. A Nightmare to Remember
  3. Fall Into the Light
  4. Barstool Warrior
  5. In the Presence of Enemies – Part 1
  6. Pale Blue Dot
  7. Scenes Live Intro
  8. Scene One: Regression
  9. Scene Two: I. Overture 1928
  10. Scene Two: II. Strange Déjà Vu
  11. Scene Three: I. Through My Words
  12. Scene Three: II. Fatal Tragedy
  13. Scene Four: Beyond This Life
  14. Scene Five: Through Her Eyes
  15. Scene Six: Home
  16. Scene Seven: I. The Dance of Eternity
  17. Scene Seven: II. One Last Time
  18. Scene Eight: The Spirit Carries On
  19. Scene Nine: Finally Free
  20. At Wit’s End
  21. Paralyzed (Bonus Track)

Just continuing to try to wipe Mike Portnoy from memory. They already had this DVD from like 2000 playing all of Scenes.

oooof very true. Im a huge MP fanboy and i didnt even really think about it like that. Either way, was super cool to see MP on Petrucci’s new solo album at least. Id be totally shocked if there wasnt a new LTE album released within the next 5 years or so as well.

Kinda surprised i didnt think about the fact that theyve essentially already released this. Scenes from New York is by far my favorite live DT DVD, and honestly might be in my top 10 of all time.

Live at the Budokan is pretty sick too.

Petrucci and Portnoy still bring bros does give me slight hope for another LTE.

1 Like

I honestly stopped paying as much attention to DT when Portnoy left.

Train of Thought was one of the most influential albums for me in high school.

Absolutely am with you on all of that but i did give Distance Over Time a fighting chance and I can promise you from Barstool Warrior on is some really solid Dream Theater thats worth checking out. Every other mangini era album is pretty trash imo but DoT almost reaches excellent

The self titled album has some good stuff. Enigma Machine rips.

1 Like

I’ll check that out. Thanks for the rec

1 Like

Feel like people will appreciate one of my favorite pieces of memorability in here.

2 Likes

Fun fact, Chris uses Portnoy’s snare mic on Kris’ snare

1 Like

I’m jamming out to my prog playlist right now and every time this song comes on I have to stop what I’m doing and air drum the intro. Dangerous while driving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEKTNtmKZEw

1 Like

New album “A View from the Top of the World” due out 10/22/21

Excited for this just bc of how good Distance Over Time was, but from reading the press release, it sounds like this was a pandemic record. Most (if not, everyone) was in their own space doing writing sessions/sharing ideas via Zoom. So im cautiously optimistic based on that. DoT was jammed and written while they were all basically living together at their studio (or was it Bear Tracks?) and I always feel that’s when theyre writing at their best.

I still regularly enjoy listening to DoT.

2 Likes

Live at Luna Park blu-ray is only $3.95 on HamiltonBook.com

Never really had any interest to watch DT play some of these songs with Mangini, but for 4 bucks, ill check it out

That album is trash.

1 Like

I stood on that rock once. Was a little scary

6 Likes

just noticed they’re playing here in november.

track times for the new album is very promising imo:

TRACKLIST

1. THE ALIEN (9:32)
  2. ANSWERING THE CALL (7:35)
  3. INVISIBLE MONSTER (6:31)
  4. SLEEPING GIANT (10:05)
  5. TRANSCENDING TIME (6:25)
  6. AWAKEN THE MASTER (9:47)
  7. A VIEW FROM THE TOP OF THE WORLD (20:24)
3 Likes

really dig the first single too. although i’m a huge noob.

petrucci made me cum like 3 times from 6:00-7:00

1 Like

They just need to get rid of LaBrie already. DT is dope when he’s not singing.

i’m hoping the longer tracks and the fact they wrote it separately means more focus on music than vocals