Dopapod

I was lukewarm on them for years. I am the bort. So, yes

5 Likes

It was literally me, you, @cshore and @gatroe fluffing dopapod. Everyone else hated.

I asked for a Dopapod sub on the last bort and everyone laughed.

6 Likes

I still have friends that love jambands and dont like dopapod. It doesn’t make sense.

But they’re @kramm 's fav now. Thats really all that matters

5 Likes

I’ve always loved dopapod. Eli has been probably my favorite jamband keys player ever since I first saw them. Glad they’re back and touring hard

3 Likes

Imagine not catching a Fro 1.0 lineup show

2 Likes

And now they’re just giving out sub boards to any 10th tier jam bands

5 Likes

IMO post pandy Dopapod has been playing as good as they ever have.

The biggest draw to them early on was just how well Rob and Eli understand each other musically. My mind would always be blown seeing how quickly they bounce licks off each other.

I don’t remember who said they didn’t like Eli but they are fucking dumb. Probably like Phish podcasts tbh. I think he’s the most talented keys player in the scene.

4 Likes

Agree.

It goes like this:

Post Pandy
Zwangapod
Pre-pandy, post hiatus
Fro.0 og circa 2012-2013
Fro.0 post Zwang circa 2017
The early years

1 Like

Yeah Eli and Rob feed off each other as well as anyone else I’ve ever seen. Their last show in Detroit was probably the most enjoyable jam show I’ve seen post pandy (that includes Billy Literally Jesus Strings).

1 Like

Eli and Rob are the shit

2 Likes

Eli was on Frasco’s podcast not too long ago. Was great to hear him talk about music and improv. Or are we boycotting him now because hes friends with Frasco?

1 Like

Replace Eli with Frasco and Dopapod is the perfect band

3 Likes

Boycott for sure

You said it brother.

2 Likes

I haven’t been paying attention as much. I listened to the 6/23 show and I see that people enjoyed their Werk Out set, but it seems they snuck in a bunch of new shows on nugs (albeit a bunch of opening sets).

6/24 FABA is pretty sick!

Also really liked the previous noted FT>PLSS>FT from Werk out

I know the raves for 2017/12/9 French Bowling, but the 2017/12/5 version is pretty tight, too.

EDIT: Wow I have not listened to Dopapod in far too long, this show is great.

1 Like

I miss living on the east coast for all the dopapod shows

1 Like

Yup, just went from midnight to 6.