Dopapod

Dopapod can make a decent living touring on their own, although they deserve to make more with how talented they are. I think they wouldn’t accept a tour where they only play 25 minutes a night if they weren’t turning a profit. At that point they could’ve spent that time booking their own shows.

3 Likes

I would hope. Could be a clout/networking thing too perhaps

3 Likes

It definitely could, I would hope they’re beyond playing gigs just for exposure, but it’s definitely a tough time out there for touring musicians

3 Likes

Maybe they just thought it sounded fun, especially now that they’re touring in a bus full time

2 Likes

I’m sure touring with George Clinton is absolutely no fun at all.

Fuck yes dopapod added a solo show between 2 George Clinton tour dates at the venue closest to me, so amped to finally see them

3 Likes

That’ll be dope to see them for 2 hours instead of 20 minutes

4 Likes

Seriously I remember speculating in this thread that they’d only play like 45min at those Clinton shows…who’d have thought I’d be way long in that estimate. So glad I didn’t buy into the LA show.

1 Like

But thinking of the jamming potential with George Clinton!

Dracula’s Funk, anyone?

1 Like

Just came here to make sure this had been mentioned. Going through this show right now and it stuck it.

I need to go back and relisten but I remember being sober and still melting during that Sonic

1 Like

I have a Dopapod show playing. Currently on Trickery. Just checked Instagram and Dopapod made a post about Dogs in a Pile covering Trickery at Peach. What does it mean!? #SynchronicityOverload :peach:

6/23/22 Picture in Picture :fire: :fire: :fire:

1 Like

Werkout Freight Train is amazing. This is the kind of jam that makes me confused when people say they’re not into Dopapod

2 Likes

I don’t get it, if you like jambands you should like dopapod.

1 Like

Idk, they didn’t invent the modern festival

5 Likes

Freight Train is basically YEM

3 Likes

They don’t even have a single podcast about their band

3 Likes

Bort resisted the Pod for so long

1 Like

Did we?