Detroit Jan 31st-Feb 1st

Does anyone know if a regular GA ticket gives you access to the balcony? Or is balcony a completely separate ticket?

If you have a floor ticket you can go into the balcony but if you have a balcony ticket you cannot go onto the floor is how they’ve always done it in the past

Awesome thanks for the help. Sounds like I bought the ideal tickets then. It’s always good to have the option for both

Fuck yeah! Sexfist just announced a Tuesday Nights in March residency for a small bar in Chicago. Couldn’t be more stoked. The last “Sexfist” show I saw was at a small guitar shop in Northern Chicago, couldn’t have been more than 60 people in there. I kept bumping my head into guitars that were hanging over my head, I was so nervous I was going to ruin a $800 mandolin at a $30 concert lmao

Not sure how long they’ve played as strictly Henhouse Prowlers in the recent years but I am stoked that they’ve been billing themselves as Sexfist occasionally.

They actually billed the show as Henhouse but I will forever call them Sexfist

1 Like

hahah, I see you’re a man of culture as well.

That’s awesome they brought Sexfist Tuesdays back. I miss those days at The Kenetic

Brunch spots I like:

El Asador - this is off the beaten path. Looks like a while in the wall. And isn’t in the nicest neighborhood. But their food is fantastic. Great brunch, great dinner. It’s one of the only BYOB spots in town… in fact, I think it’s the only one. It’s Mexican food (obviously). They don’t have drinks here, so make sure to BYOB. Bringing liquor bottles is frowned upon. But you can mix up your own drink prior to coming in. I ususllly bring a few bottles/cans of beer and ask for a glass.

Grand Trunk - right downtown off Woodward, close to the river. Underrated brunch. I don’t drink bloody’s but they are big here. Decent beer selection. Their corned beef is fantastic, all local. Love their Reuben sammy and their benedict dishes. You can also take a 2 min walk from here and take your picture in front of the iconic Spirit of Detroit statue and The Fist (Joe Louis’s fist monument). Sounds tourist-y, and it is, but they make for great pictures.

Bobcat Bonnie’s is tight too. Bloody bar and mimosa bar. Good food.

Brooklyn Street - poutine!!! So good. Can’t remember if they have drinks or not.

Ferndale area - go to one-eyed betty’s. Fantastic beer selection, full bar, great food, tons of TVs.

Go eat fried chicken at Gus’s

I’ll be at Homes on Friday for anyone interested in stopping by. Should be there at 1. Pry leave at 2:30-3.

Might be there around then actually. Swinging over to south bend Thursday night to see my grandparents. Then wife and I plan on stopping by homes for a few beers and lunch first thing Friday. We might get there around 1130-noon I think.

I don’t know if you saw my above reply, but they do have weed stores in Ann Arbor, but expect to pay like $70 for an 1/8th with taxes. Feel free to hit me up, I can help you out for cheaper if needed. I’m in the D just up Woodward Ave from The FIlmore.

Nice! If you don’t mind the company, I’ll meet you there? Pry could be there by 12-12:30.

And yeah, if you’re looking for flower, I can definitely help w/that too.

Poma - stoked to run into you bud

Yeah definitely I’m sure I will be easy to spot usually wearing a black UM hat or Third Space brewing winter hat. Thanks guys for the flower options don’t worry about us though, wife likes checking out dispensary’s in other states so I think we are going to one in Ann Arbor.

If either of you have a med card from any state then it’ll be cheaper too.

Get at me Steve, lets party!

I have 2 floor 2-day passes that I need to get rid of. Not sure where to sell since they are still available online and I don’t know how to join that umphrey’s facebook group. They are print at home and I’ll eat the fees so $100 total (or $50 each if I have to break them up).

Are there any recreational dispensaries up and running in Detroit now? I read somewhere that rec was only starting in Ann Arbor, but haven’t seen an update since the new year.

Thanks for the tip! You think even the back entrance will be slammed if we leave after the encore? I hate missing songs.

You will find the answers if you read the thread.

Damn! I hate being that guy. I did skim and didn’t see anything.