Couch Tour Thread

Wuhan virus and China virus are both derogatory and have stigmatized not only Chinese people but Asian people at large. Wuflu isn’t as bad as say ‘Kung Flu’ but it’s not great either.

Just to be clear, it was never called the ‘Wuhan Virus’; that nomenclature was only used by our lovely President and SoS Pompeo. In 2015, the WHO specifically addressed viral naming guidelines to avoid something like this in the future:

And for those who are interested, I’ve included the link below. So Ebola (Congo), Zika (Uganda - and to be clear, not discovered in 2016 when the fear of infertility caused some athletes to withdraw from the Olympics) would not be named as such if discovered after 2015 due to the potential for negative impacts to those regions, or you know, weaponized as a racial term like ‘Kung Flu’ by our lovely President and his followers.

4 Likes

Wait Ebola is a place!?

Edit: I googled. Wow never knew that it was a river.

Ugggh. Now I have Talking Heads “heaven” in my head with a certain word replaced throughout.

2 Likes

There are generally reasons behind “oddities” that the Bort points out . . .

1 Like

Ebola is actually a female teacher’s vagina

8 Likes

*hot teachers (TILF)

And with schools reopening soon, I bet we’ll be seeing a flare up in the near future.

2 Likes

ah I get it. We get to pay them to stream their drive-in rehearsals.

4 Likes

More info is up. $25 per night, or $45 for both.

Lmao at the vip one song set option. Fucking KB man

6 Likes
1 Like

I’m excited to get no improv because they wasted their set worth of improv of the VIP set

14 Likes

$45 for a set?! LOL.

The KB cashgrab is just getting beyond parody at this point. The VIPers are the kind of folks who would freak out over a set of Upward, Haji > No Diablo, Glory so why not just give them that and save the improv for the real deal.

5 Likes

I would say what an awful taste it leaves in my mouth, but that seemed to really trigger some people last time

“Try not to screw it up”

The fuck does that even mean?

2 Likes

Quick, somebody post a screenshot of their $50 Venmo with 20 requests for them to play All in Time.

First they take away your rarities. Then it’s your improv. What’s next?

Seriously, this has me so puzzled. What is there to screw up?

1 Like