Controversial Opinions

Wow!

4 Likes

I’ve seen 7 Crucial Taunts.

R2B is an alright song but the chorus is just super cringe inducing and forced imo.

R2b> sociable, visions → R2B turned me into a R2B fan

2 Likes

Which show is that from?

1 Like

I don’t mind R2B

1 Like

10/17/12

2 Likes

Thanks!

I really want this button to be installed on -bort

1 Like

Big big Crucial Taunt fan. Forks is weird as fuck but I don’t hate it.

you could probably do it. make a theme for discourse and throw it in the html

1 Like

I also have always found the IC > Synco to be a little overrated. Well, not overrated, but not the “GOAT” jam.

11/02/11 is a really fucking good show, but also agree that it is slightly overhyped and should not be considered one of the top 5-10 of all time.

3 Likes

Phish and Biscuits on an above average night tops UM on their greatest nights. However, Phish and Biscuits on a bad night makes UM look like gods.

2 Likes

Here is the iFrame, make it happen.

<iframe width=“110” height=“200” src=“Instant Owen Wilson Wow - Embeded Sound Button | Myinstants” frameborder=“0” scrolling=“no”>

1 Like

The IC > Synco is very middle of the road to me. It’s worth a mention and a listen and that’s it.

Agree ic>synco is a bit over hyped, but if they did that segment post 2014 we would lose our shit.

2 Likes

Just thinking this - UM is a high-floor band for sure.

1 Like

Umphrey’s has become very professionally consistent. It’s one of the things I like least about them as someone who enjoys the random spontaneity in the jam scene. I want risks.

3 Likes

I really feel like they could have their cake and eat it too when it comes to this. A lot of shows I see would be taken to another level if they just milked 4-5 more minutes on a couple of jams. Consistently doing stuff like that wouldn’t take away the tightness that is an appealing part of their sound, but it would just allow some jams to breath and possibly let them explore the music more. I’ve given up on them changing their overall mindset at this point though. Their highly professional nature is one of the best and worst things about them. They almost always sound great and very seldom have a legitimately BAD show, but I often find them coming up just short of true greatness.

6 Likes

The IC jam from Chicago had me thinking that exact thought. Just needed like 60-70 more seconds (which they could’ve sacrificed the quiet part at the end of the jam if they were worried about a set being longer than 65 minutes god forbid).