Controversial Opinions

Can’t wait to hug you real hard during a Gulf Stream.

7 Likes

Im pro morning song. I enjoy looks, reminds me of a discipline era King Crimson song. Plus I’ve seen some dope jams with it. 2018 Madison and (I think) 2018 St. Paul both were pretty good

1 Like

Looks is a great song!

1 Like

Nans

1 Like

them covering the police is a vocal stew?

4 Likes

One of the saddest jams. It’s like a crying version of the Bright Lights from 12/29/11

3 Likes

One of my favorite jams of 2010

2 Likes

RC: Getting mid-2010s ter nostaglia

8 Likes

I actually really liked “Waist Down”, especially after they reworked and added the middle section (which they then recycled for parts of Maybe Someday).

3 Likes

Crucial Taunt and Forks get unfairly shit on

9 Likes

I love both. Also Room to Breathe

5 Likes

Room To Breathe is awesome! The Room To Breathe > dub Breathe segment of 11/02/2012 is one of my go-to UM segments. It’s no IC > Synco and it’s not a lengthy jammed out segment but it’s pure ear candy.

1 Like

I like R2B more than the other two but they are all fine songs. Forks is one of the few songs I still haven’t caught yet but I’m not really chasing it.

1 Like

Forks is one of UM’s most confusing songs. I don’t understand the vibe the band is trying to convey when they play it, and it always shows up in weird places in a setlist.

1 Like

That’s fair. I’ve caught R2B twice but never Crucial or Forks. Not chasing them but i certainly wouldn’t go on piss break if they were played.

Still haven’t gotten a Synco, WBG or Remind Me, though

CT was much better once they reworked it

I love Forks. Love the groove, solid harmonies, nice arrangement. Some of my favorite Kris drumming

3 Likes

Forks has an 80s prog-pop feel. Like a mix of Alan Parsons Project, Asia and Saga.

2 Likes

I’ve somehow seen Crucial Taunt 5 times. They love playing it in Colorado I guess. Haven’t seen Forks or Room to Breathe though.

I’ve seen 11 Crucial Taunts…

2 Likes