maybe if their drummer learned a new beat

3 Likes

does umphreys even have a drummer

2 Likes

sorry to hear about pontiac. i know you were looking forward to it

3 Likes

and new haven. truly devastating.

2 Likes

that venue looked so promising. maybe next year!

2 Likes

UM would be exponentially bigger than they are today had they kept true to their loose style of playing and patient jams and ditched the stunt guitar shit.

7 Likes

2014 isn’t the abortion of a year that some make it out to be

2 Likes

I’d rather see Umphrey’s at the Gorge than Red Rocks.

9 Likes

Sign’d!!

1 Like

I don’t really think that is very controversial, The Gorge looks incredidble. I’d 100% GITP if they played there.

3 Likes

I don’t consider 2/21/07 to be the greatest UM show ever. It’s not even the best show of ‘07.

*** sticks dick in hornet’s nest ***

Curious what 07 shows you like more Pook?

Idk about exponentially bigger, but I think it would certainly solidfy a recurring fanbase instead of chompers who don’t listen and will grow out of it.

People always say the bort represents a tiny fraction of UM fans, but out of 400 members tons of them have more than 50 shows under their belt.

At 25 bucks average a ticket, average 25 shows per borter that’s a quarter million. Old bort had 3000 borters.

3000 improv fans, 25 bucks a show, 25 shows average a fan, that’s around 2 mil from the bort

5 Likes

KB should be paying US!

7 Likes

For sure I did the math its facts

1 Like

6/7 Portland
6/8 Truckee
7/13 Denver
7/26 Baltimore

I’ll take any of those 4 over 2/21. Same with 2/23 and 3/22. 2/21 isn’t bad or terrible and there are great jams on it but I think it’s over fluffed, truth be told.

1 Like

I dk I watched them go from buy a ticket get 2 free drink tickets in '06 to playing NYE at the Auditorium in 2 years. The playing during those years speaks for itself. I think interesting improv can convert your average chomper to “get it” beyond shredding and peaks.

2 Likes