Chugging UM / Metal UM

I saw a post from someone here that they don’t like when Jake goes on a chugathon. I’m sorry to break it to you, but metal UM / chug town UM is probably my favorite type of UM.

See Cemetery Walk II 8/14/21

7 Likes

Metal jams = good
Using chugs to move an aimless jam along = good
Chugging all over the rest of the band when it’s already a good jam = unforgivable

29 Likes

I hate all chugs, but

this is at least fair

11 Likes

Don’t be scared, @ the person who you’re referring to!

7 Likes

Power to ya man.

Check out AiT 03/16/2018 in Portland; you might dig this jam. It starts with some trippy hammers and pull-offs, but Jake starts chugging about 8 minutes in. I remember being frustrated when it started happening thinking it was ruining the jam (@Whinergetsnothing’s Cat 3), but the band kept it psychy and Jake kept it tasteful :kissing: so it ended up working like Cat 2.

5 Likes

What @Whinergetsnothing said

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion :grin:

Also, I remember plenty of jams a couple days earlier in Missoula being heavy. Think that was the heaviest UM show I’d ever been to. Going to listen back to that one soon, but off the top of my head I think the Synco jam went into Tool territory.

I love Tool so I will have to check it out

1 Like

3/12/14 Kabump, Phil’s Farm, and Domino Theory

2 Likes

When I see a new thread to talk about 2/15/19 Plunger

11 Likes

@Pookells get in here and help this brother out.

@Zencer Crooked One 10/23/08 is probably the best metal jam UM has ever done, period.

5 Likes

While it doesn’t really fit the chugging format, check out the 3.5.10 All Things Ninja for some sexy DnB since you might be new here.

Also, what’s your show count?

5 Likes

2/7/14 MO is one of my all time faves

Lol was coming in here to fluff 2/15 PlungOTY

3 Likes

1/31/19 Robot World is basically a Tool jam

5 Likes

@gatroe just nugs’d me

1 Like

It was to 2/15 Plungie so kind of acceptable

1 Like

I’m listening to a quick 10/23/08 Crooked One so I can say definitively that PlunJOTY is better metal

4 Likes

Playing Dr Feelgood during a great Intentions Clear jam = instant JOTY

3 Likes