Both Kinds of Music - The Country and Western Thread

Just released today, I’ve heard a few of his songs on SXM but decided to take a deeper dive today. He’s good.

1 Like

Anyone else listening to Zach Bryan? He kind of reminds of a male version of Taylor Swift, not that it’s a terrible thing. It’s weird how much he’s blown up. Awesome that he’s picking some really solid opening acts for his 2024 tour.

I’m digging the shit out of this album so far.

2 Likes

No surprise he’s on Jack Johnson’s label, Brushfire This song definitely has that vibe.

@derblutenkat

Here’s a couple of shows for you in January

2 Likes

Guess I have something to do this afternoon while recognizing Indigenous Peoples Day as a Federal banking holiday.

It sounds really good, very well produced.

Already got tickets lined up. Friend of mine does group tickets for the OKC Thunder/Paycom Center.

1 Like

Awesome, that’s like a dream lineup for me

I’m wearing this record out as well. Really good stuff. I also learned that if you add a little steel guitar, any song becomes a country song.

1 Like
1 Like

Playlist I created for myself from a couple of handfuls of 2023 releases I have been enjoying.

1 Like

Rather than confusing this with other threads, figured I’d just post this new release here. Live covers from ZBB, from the initial listen it appears they work a few of them out a bit…

ZBB jammed a shit ton of songs in 2009 when I saw them for my first and only time, seems like they still do…

Solid RR show, looks cold AF but good so far

damn. he absolutely crushed this.

I think I’m gonna have to revisit Texas Piano Man.

Love that record and pretty much all Robert Ellis. Steady as the Rising Sun was out first dance song at our wedding.

I’m definitely gonna dig through his stuff. His Gentle on my Mind cover is one of his top spotify tracks and that was really good too.

I’m trying to think back to when I listened to TPM, for some reason it didn’t grab me at the time. I’m enjoying it much more on this second listen

The whole John Hartford album he did with Courtney Hartman is so good. Couldn’t really get into his latest release but haven’t had the time to revisit it. He’s playing piano for Ben Kewller sometimes and is a full time engineer at a Niles City Sound in Ft. Worth.

1 Like

I don’t listen to much country, but I do miss the undergrad days of seeing Zac Brown and his band in different configurations at the Dixie Tavern in Marietta, GA. $5 cover was a great deal then. My ex-wife went to the Pink Pony in ATL with him.

2 Likes

Definitely wouldn’t mind some more details to go with this sentence.

Pink Pony is great though. My best friend used to live outside of Chamblee so we were a quick 15 minute drive down 85 from there.

Not all that great of a story. My former brother in law was good friends with the guitarist, Joel, for ZBB at the time. They all got hammered together one night and wanted to go to the Pink Pony and my ex-wife was the only one sober so she ended up driving.

1 Like