Bluegrass

Very cool and not surprising. He’s got a terrific voice, I’m a big fan.

We did River wondergrass on the Colorado this weekend. Fucking awesome experience. We lucked out and ended up in the boat with Kyle Tuttle and Adam Greuel and got up close and personal during their river set! Very cool guys and they played a ton of Jeff Austin songs. Loved every second of it ! Highly recommend doing this trip.

5 Likes

Dude this is awesome. Sounds like an amazing experience

1 Like

Went to the free Yonder show last night. I’m team Jeff and this is only my second post Jeff show but god damn I gotta say 3.0 is legit. New mando guy really took them up a level, but they are still missing that voice that really used to make them blast off. Overall though I’d check them out again.

2 Likes

Seeing them at hoxeyville next weekend, saw a lot of post Jeff shows and they never came close for me. Haven’t seen them sine they got this mandolin player so I’m ready to give them another shot.

1 Like

aint no billy strangs

There would be no Billy strings if it wasn’t for them paving the way into jamgrass.

2 Likes

Jeff Austin will forever be the GOAT of jamgrass. I miss him and yonder so much

3 Likes

aint no greensky bluegrass

1 Like

thank god

1 Like

aint no blueground undergrass

Agreed. Saw a handful of Yonder 2.0 shows, including the first Kinfolk fest without Jeff and never cared for any of it. Last night was the most I’ve enjoyed Yonder in a long, long time. I miss liking that band. Will definitely see them again.

BTW, if you don’t care to be close to the stage and just want to listen to the show, poaching the Levitt Pavillion is the move. BYOB.

3 Likes

Funny this came up. Been thinking about Yonder the past couple of days. Never made it through an entire post-Jeff show. His vocals missing left a huge gap.

2 Likes

It was just never the same without Jeff on stage, and likely never will be.

1 Like

The lineup for the Bela Fleck My Bluegrass Heart tour is amazing. Wish they were stopping here

3 Likes

Is John Mailander still touring with them?

Looks like half the tour is Michael Cleveland, Sierra Hull, Justin Moses, Mark Schatz, & Bryan Sutton and the other half is Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Stuart Duncan, Edgar Meyer, & Bryan Sutton plus a Ryman show with all of them + Billy Strings and Chris Thile

3 Likes

Jesus Christ that is literally as good as it gets.

I’m considering driving 5-6 hours to catch one of the shows on the second leg. Pretty hard to pass that up.

Speaking of bluegrass, I’m seeing The Goat Rodeo Sessions in a week or two. Pretty excited for that one

3 Likes

I think I would rather see the first leg lineup than the second leg, just because it’s younger and fresher. Plus Sierra is the picking goat right now.

Might actually just try to hit that Ryman show. That sounds incredible.

2 Likes