Bluegrass

Come to the Ryman show. Shit is gonna be stellar one of a kind show

1 Like

I just looked at tickets and it looks like they are sold out, or maybe not on sale yet? Either way, I am sure I could find one pretty easily between now and then. That legit sounds like the greatest bluegrass lineup I could possibly imagine. Only thing that would make it better is if you could miraculously bring Tony Rice, Doc Watson, John Hartford, Jerry Garcia, and Vassar Clements back from the grave.

Would be cool if Del and Grisman got added, too, then it really could be complete.

2 Likes

Sold out pretty instantly, but some can be found on second hand sites

Kelly Clarkson has her own show? boy, this world is fucked.

You didn’t see the legendary debut of Vin Diesels single on her show last year?

I blocked out everything except Vin Diesel singing and that one zoom dancer from my memory

1 Like

Finally got around to seeing Del McCoury the other day. Got a great tape too:

5 Likes

Anyone familiar with The Wooks? Been into their album Glory Bound lately. Nothing ground breaking but it’s a fun listen. Good album.

Really enjoyed the show I saw this summer of theirs. Really hoping the local bluegrass fest happens again cause it was a blast.

1 Like

Another “finally saw” post… Always meant to catch a Sam Bush show and glad I did. Great stuff. Also found one of my new favorite taping spots. Hard to believe this tape is just a pair of mics…

5 Likes

Sam is so good live! You really get to watch him flex with his band, too. Love when he busts out the electric mandolin. Dude is pure talent.

Loving your Del recording, btw. Havent seen Del in years. He came to Springfield when I was in high school, though, and my buddies brother put it on and i got to talk to him multuple times throughout the day/night

Great experience.

2 Likes

Fireside Collection is pretty good… for bluegrass.

Damn chatty crowd here.

1 Like

are they flatpicking?

4 Likes

Giving Billy Christ Strings himself a run for his money.

3 Likes

They could really benefit from a piano or synthesizer and some drums though

4 Likes

They are setting up for yonder. I saw the fiddle go up on the side I was at. So moved all the way to the other side of the venue. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Fml. Ben just called for double fiddle.

2 Likes

Can’t remember the last time I heard this many songs in a set. Jesus fucking Christ.

Good music though. Allie is not as up front as I’ve heard in recordings I’ve sampled. She sounds good. Which has not been my opinion before lol

Maybe even an e-drum.

2 Likes

ymsb covered Shakedown Street last night. Is that something they’ve done before?

1 Like